Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering

Lukejjwhite

Hiya I have a 09 is220d and it's ride height is huge IV been looking at carbon culture 47mm lowering springs but unsure on standerd shocks was wondering if is250 coilovers would fit instead ? Can't seem to find any for the 220d 

Thankyou Luke 

11 hours ago, Lukejjwhite said:

Hiya I have a 09 is220d and it's ride height is huge IV been looking at carbon culture 47mm lowering springs but unsure on standerd shocks was wondering if is250 coilovers would fit instead ? Can't seem to find any for the 220d 

Thankyou Luke 

801087B6-2257-469B-AB0D-5FC43526DD0D.png

6D8A308C-94F3-4969-A8D9-6351B71E9C87.png

Hi Luke. Just looked on eBay for your cars suspension. Came across a used front strut which looks exactly like the one on my is250. Read through the threads about suspension as there's a member with a is250 who's lowered his car a nice bit. I forget what he's used but cost wise is about £750 for all corners. 

20 hours ago, Lukejjwhite said:

Thankyou Luke 

Hi,

Yes, IS250/220 are the same. I'm running TEIN Flex Z (Japanese manufacturer) coilovers on my 250.. I'm something like 60mm lower. Super comfortable still. I can give you a coupon code on them. https://www.part-box.com/product/vsq22-c1ss3-tein-flex-z-coilovers-suspension-kit-lexus-is250-05-13/ 

With the coupon they work out to about £650.. couple of days to deliver.

IMG_8304.thumb.JPG.998b8cd222e25575ec34dda54fc87f3a.JPG

4 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Eh up, I think I missed something in your thread Lucas. What are those headlights on your car? What did they replace and how do they compare?

Vland headlights. They are amazing. So much brighter compared to factory lights. Looks aside, it's it's the best and most functional modification I did to my car 

On 9/23/2021 at 4:35 PM, H3XME said:

Hi,

Yes, IS250/220 are the same. I'm running TEIN Flex Z (Japanese manufacturer) coilovers on my 250.. I'm something like 60mm lower. Super comfortable still. I can give you a coupon code on them. https://www.part-box.com/product/vsq22-c1ss3-tein-flex-z-coilovers-suspension-kit-lexus-is250-05-13/ 

With the coupon they work out to about £650.. couple of days to deliver.

IMG_8304.thumb.JPG.998b8cd222e25575ec34dda54fc87f3a.JPG

Hi Lucas. What if I want a lexus is250 lowered by about 30mm only. Can these coilovers do that or will Eibach springs suffice?

6 minutes ago, dephrank said:

Hi Lucas. What if I want a lexus is250 lowered by about 30mm only. Can these coilovers do that or will Eibach springs suffice?

They go up & down so it's up to you. You can have 10mm lowering if you want.  coilovers  will be more comfortable though. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 9:08 AM, Yorkie740 said:

BC coilovers are about 700 quid and are very comfortable and very adjustable I always use BC on all my cars

FB_IMG_1621333289972.jpg

Found one on Facebook. It’s a BR series. From the pics, seems it doesn’t have camber plates - is that a good or bad thing?
Not sure why I can’t paste the link here. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2021 at 9:55 PM, dephrank said:

Found one on Facebook. It’s a BR series. From the pics, seems it doesn’t have camber plates - is that a good or bad thing?
Not sure why I can’t paste the link here. 

This is what I have on my car there are very good kit