Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this car please?

Hi All,

Does anyone know this car or have any information?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109046993063?price-from=500&radius=1500&postcode=rh124es&model=RC F&make=LEXUS&sort=price-asc&include-delivery-option=on&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

I messaged the seller and they said they bought it as is. No idea what the damage was to make it a CAT S, all he said was the repair was done by lexus. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ben ......... can you contact the Lexus Dealer that is said to have undertaken the repair ?

If not then the whole sale issue must be suspect 

could this be one of the three that were recently auctioned by BAC and there's a relevant post here somewhere too  .....  they were RC-Fs sold ?

Malc

• Like 2

I would personally steer away from this vehicle. The badges and vector generators placed on the roof tell me suspicious things about the previous owner, and a structural write off on a vehicle capable of getting close to 180mph makes it a death trap in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Agreed a full HPI check should reveal all the repair details however Cat S would put me off straight away ( pun intended) when you read the damage suffered.

An “I don’t know” attitude from a dealer and “repaired at Lexus” ( Do Lexus dealer workshops have body alignment jigs even?) when they should have performed a HPI would also get me nowhere near the forecourt.

Add in 4 previous owners, 80,000 miles and no reg to check the MOT history!

My advice walk away and keep looking.

Cat S write-offs have suffered damage to structural areas of the vehicle such as the chassis or crumple zones

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Cat S write-offs have suffered damage to structural areas of the vehicle such as the chassis or crumple zones

It's worth noting that Cat S is basically Cat C in old terms. Which should put off anyone that isn't desperate to purchase that particular vehicle for donor purposes.

"Lexus history until 2018" and "full service history" are yet another red flags I'd look out for on a normal vehicle ad, one that has not already been written off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Error- said:

It's worth noting that Cat S is basically Cat C in old terms. Which should put off anyone that isn't desperate to purchase that particular vehicle for donor purposes.

"Lexus history until 2018" and "full service history" are yet another red flags I'd look out for on a normal vehicle ad, one that has not already been written off.

I noticed that too.....roughly translated maybe as “ after 2018 the vehicle had the occasional engine oil and filter change during which time it was thoroughly thrashed until it crashed” 😀 

• Like 4

Possible ignorance, but do Lexus dealerships have in house capabilities for such repairs these days? Thought it was all 'Lexus approved' i.e. any one willing to take on the work...

Car vertical as advised above or total car check, both worth the money, if you want a discount code for car vertical there was one floating around from 'Salvage Rebuilds UK' on youtube (great channel on the whole) which might make it a bit of an easier choice.

Could be worth getting an independent inspection if you were really set on the vehicle, it is a lot of car for £20k, depends on how much risk you are willing to take.

If you undertake any of the above, pretty please cherry on top, share the outcome(s)

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

no reg to check the MOT history!

Reg plate is on the rear pics, MOT history looks fine overall.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the replies! It was more out of curiosity as to what damage had been done. 

After seeing that picture @Big Rat I'd not touch it! That's a big smack 😮

I messaged the seller with the pic and asked if he had receipts for the repair work. He called me up and got cross at me. Said the car wasn't for sale anymore and will be taken off auto trader 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Didn't the MY 2011 ISF's get the LED headlights and the different dash cluster ? Looking at the photos it has the 08-09 headlights and dash cluster ?

Wrong thread, sorry.

Edited by 4969_LXS
Wrong thread
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Here is the thread where it was originally discussed:

It'll polish out.

[ An oldie but a goldie. ]

Edited by PCM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

A “cat” cat is fully insurable and another pay out would be full value “less 10%”…….. crumple zones can make damage look a lot worse that it actually is!……. I purchased a “cat C” years ago due to structural damage, that damage was the power steering cradle touching the front wheel, a tyre lever and brut strength changed that, I put a secondhand wing, headlight, rad pack on it, drove it to Spain and had a couple of years daily out of it, swapped with a mates car n drove it back and forth 3 times to Poland and used it daily for a couple of years, sold it on and it’s still going…….. absolutely nothing wrong with the structure of the car, insurance companies write off cars for minimal damage and mainly due to high labour costs of main stealers!……..a cat car should be at least 30% cheaper for that reason BUT some people don’t fully understand them……… do your own homework and decide what you’re happy with BUT expect selling on to be an issue unless you can show the full damage and repair process AND expect the move on to be a long process……… this is a keeper and definitely not a flipper

• Like 3