Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top 10 Cars To Drive, You've Driven & Owned?

TKhan430

I've owned over 30 cars and driven probably close to 100 cars so far in my life. 

As I filled up today I thought the lexus is better than a ferrari! Albeit both used for very different purposes I'd imagine the novelty of owning one would soon wear off especially if used as a daily driver. 

There's a few cars I really want to try to see what they're like: 

Nissan skyline R33 & R34 GTR vspec 2 

Toyota Century 

Range Rover Vogue L405

Jaguar xj308 supercharged 

Rolls Royce wraith

Rolls royce ghost lwb

Landcruiser 200 series 5.7v8 and 4. 5 V8 diesel 

V6 prado

Have you driven these? 

From what I've owned and driven these are my top 5:

1) Nissan GTR R35 absolutely brilliant car so fast and crisp handling. 

2) Lexus LS430 

3) Lexus LS400 

4) BMW e34 5 series in 3.5 and 2.5 both brilliant straight 6 very powerful and super smooth the m5 would be the ultimate version 

5) BMW e36 325, great power to weight ratio, super stiff chassis and handles so well. 

6) W140 s500 probably the best built car of all time built like absolute tank. In black (like my Ls430) looks evil! 

7) Saab aero 9-3 9-5 cool car nice to drive 

😎 Volvo s80 v8, T6 and xc70 built like tanks and elegant understated simplicity love them. The s60 which I had 5 cylinder factory fit bifuel (lpg) was brilliant and reminded me of a cross between a 3 and 5 series bmw

9) Toyota Landcruiser the best 4x4 of all time period. The un use them need I say more?! Such a great view when driving

10) Rav 4 great all rounder shame uk doesn't sell the 3.5v6 would be a rocket! 

What do you think? 

Interesting selection. To fully cover all the bases, you would need a small fleet of cars. Interestingly I have owned over 30 cars, the ones that gave me the most pleasure were often the cheaper end of the market.

Cheapest: £50 for my first car (Ford Anglia)

Most expensive: £16,000 for a new Mitsubishi Space Wagon in 2002.

Worst buys: BMW 250 diesel and Volvo 240 GLE.

Anyone considering a Range Rover Vogue L405 - see the owner review below!

• Like 1

These are the ones we have had I remember most and except the “no good” we liked them. We also have had a lot with no reason to remember.

Comfortable:

Citroën DS 21,

Honda Accord Coupé,

MB 350SE, MB 300SEL 6.3,

Nissan 300ZX

Funny:

Kit-car based on VW VIN, completely modified, suspension, Porsche 2.0L engine, 225x15 front, 285x15 rear

Lancia Delta EVO 2,

Smart Roadster Coupé,

Toyota MR2 1st. generation, Toyota MR2 Spyder

No good:

Toyota Supra 3.0 Targa

Reliable:

Lexus CT200h,

Peugeot 604,

VW Beetle 1300 (tour through Sahara)

• Like 1

If we're talking favourite cars then I personally have 3 most favourite and equal status. Rover 216 vitesse, Audi UR Quattro, Metro 1.3s. Why these three? Coz I had such great fun in these cars, had the Quattro 7 years it was stolen recovered twice.

Other favourite cars Rover 3500 vanden plas, 2.7 vitesse, 2.5 sterling, 2.0 turbo vitesse, MG ZT diesel, maestro, montego.

The cars I had in my 20's to early 40's were my favourites. After that the cars were more for function but they too were fun up to a point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

If we're talking favourite cars then I personally have 3 most favourite and equal status. Rover 216 vitesse, Audi UR Quattro, Metro 1.3s. Why these three? Coz I had such great fun in these cars, had the Quattro 7 years it was stolen recovered twice.

Other favourite cars Rover 3500 vanden plas, 2.7 vitesse, 2.5 sterling, 2.0 turbo vitesse, MG ZT diesel, maestro, montego.

The cars I had in my 20's to early 40's were my favourites. After that the cars were more for function but they too were fun up to a point.

Had the fun driving the UR-Quattro in mountains in Spain many years ago. Never owned one so did not put it on my list. As I remember (long time ago) the brakes were the least impressing part of the car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ford pop 1953,

Golf gti convertible

Spitfire 

MGB

Renault 5 gordini 

Honda civic vti

3x rav4s mk 1 2 and 3 spanning 25yrs still have my mk 3 but has become unreliable had to replace headlight bulb for mot this year 16 yrs old😀

Lexus sc 430

• Like 1
  • Haha 1