Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apparently a lot of car coolants these days are car or model specific and furthermore it meets manufacturer recommendations and as Piers says better to be safe than sorry 👍

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ahmed-abrar said:

true, but its a ready mix so I'm not sure how different compared to other ready mix options available these days, I think it could be a marketing gimmick

Unless you do an analysis of the chemical composition of genuine vs substitute, you'll never be 100% certain that the substitute will be 100% safe and compatible with the seals/hoses/gaskets etc. Even one chemical different, or maybe even a percentage difference in the amount or concentration of a single chemical could be enough to cause problems.

Is it really worth the risk to save a few quid?

• Like 3

If you are prepared to deviate from the manufactures recommended fluids then please let us know your findings on cost difference, any running issues and longevity of said fluids. 
I for one want to fit and forget and won’t take on the doubt if ‘different’ types are installed.

• Like 1

I opened the bonnet yesterday to have another look around and noticed the same thing, I wouldn't change the fluid though OP probably best to stick to the manufacturers recommendations, especially when it comes to cooling...

Mine also appears to be a little dirty around the cap area so took a pic and was going to ask here about it just to see if there might be any issues on the Horizon. 

waterpump.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed the coolant the other day. Used the super coolant pink. Car is quiet now and I can see a slight improvement in the performance. The coolant came out very orange and dirty. If your not flushing it all your not going to take it all out, if your draining probably 3-5 litres I think I had put in about 4 litres. Might drain a little more soon and put the rest in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links