Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

46 minutes ago, Arnett said:

Its a complete joke here in Colchester. 

Large amounts of stations have had queues since 5am. My wife who works 12 hour night shifts is now sleeping at work all day before her shift tonight as she doesn't have enough fuel to get home (half hour commute) and then back again tonight, all due to this mass hysteria and fear led by the "free press". 

The media is often claimed to be "Those who hold governments to account", but im sorry its about time that those publications who cause panic, fear and scare monger tactics to sell papers or stories are at a minimal fined for causing public disorder. This all kicked off because 5 BP garages had a supply issue out of 1200 stations 

Attached is a photo a friend sent me yesterday early evening while waiting to fill up on his way to work at a hospital 

FB_IMG_1632512943476.jpg

Send the photo to the local Police with a request that they take action as the practice is not in the Public Interest and contrary to the wishes of the Prime Minister!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arnett said:

This whole "Brexit caused the shortage" drivel annoys the hell out of me. Yes the whole of Europe has a huge HGV shortage, and the removal of the 20k foreign drivers have moved cheap drivers out of the UK but the issue was already there. Thousands of people leave the industry for reasons that cause people to leave any job. Crap hours, Crap companies and Crap money. 

Only now are you starting to see HGV drivers get what I would call a fair wage for the working conditions that they are meant to follow in. I was gob smacked that HGV drivers started at around 25k until recently. When I learnt that I was actually glad that cheap foreign workers had been shipped off. 

Personally I think the government should bring in some grant system to pay for HGV driver training, Id sign up (just cant afford the few grand for training outright )  the current salaries are not awful (Still personally think these guys shouldn't earn less than 50k full time) and if someone was to take the grant and not work in the industry for X time they should have to pay it back. 

This entire thing has made me so Fu****g angry. I haven't seen my wife properly since Thursday due to sleep patterns, I wont properly see her now until the earliest Tomorrow morning (Briefly before she goes to bed) And that is if im lucky.  She has colleagues queuing up for her to buy her a jerry can or two while she rests. If they are unsuccessful she will also be spending tomorrow at work sleeping between shifts. Even the kids are complaining funnily enough they wanna see the mother.  Absolute bunch of stupid c***s whoever decided to push this narrative. 

/Anger off. Sorry for the rant.... 

Totally agree. There was a chap on the radio yesterday who was trying to argue that these issues meant that the UK should have another referendum and re-join the EU! As I said in my earlier post, too many people across the media and social media are driving their own agendas with consequences which are against our national interest.

Part of the problem is that far too many people are still trying to fight that referendum campaign. Everybody has just got to move on. The very fact that so many people who I know still define themselves as either ‘Remainers’ or ‘Leavers’ is simply crackers!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just got back from an early morning trip to the M&S store in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire (the large one on the A10 for those that know it). There is a large Tesco's there too with a filling station. The queue of cars waiting to fill up was horrendous. The petrol station is located within the large parking area for both stores but even so the queues were creating havoc on the surrounding roads. It's crazy.

Like others, I put a lot of the blame on the media who have been so irresponsible with their reporting. IMHO these media scare stories have got a lot worse since the advent of 24 hour TV news channels - they have to fill all that time so have to "stretch" and over-emphasise every story to the Nth degree (and repeat it every hour).

Forget all that nuclear or cyber warfare - the easy way to get this country on it's knees is to add the words "however there's no need to panic buy" into any media report about potential shortages of essential items.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well positive, the wife got woken up as a filling station at Tesco's is now only serving those in emergency vehicles, or who can produce a form of ID to prove they are NHS / Social care staff. 

Holy crap... A local place using logic... 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Arnett said:

Its a complete joke here in Colchester. 

Large amounts of stations have had queues since 5am. My wife who works 12 hour night shifts is now sleeping at work all day before her shift tonight as she doesn't have enough fuel to get home (half hour commute) and then back again tonight, all due to this mass hysteria and fear led by the "free press". 

The media is often claimed to be "Those who hold governments to account", but im sorry its about time that those publications who cause panic, fear and scare monger tactics to sell papers or stories are at a minimal fined for causing public disorder. This all kicked off because 5 BP garages had a supply issue out of 1200 stations 

Attached is a photo a friend sent me yesterday early evening while waiting to fill up on his way to work at a hospital 

FB_IMG_1632512943476.jpg

What a selfish t**t that bloke is. I thought there were laws about storing fuel at a domestic property?

To follow up on my post from yesterday, we went over to Penrith this morning to do the shopping. Drove past an Esso and a BP station and whilst there were queues, they were not overflowing onto the roads. However, I did notice something else. The price. Two weeks ago I filled up at this Esso station and both it and the BP garage across the road were charging £135.9 pl. However, today the Esso was £137.9 and the BP £138.9. I wasn't aware that the price of a barrel of oil had increased again. Profiteering?

• Like 1

I don't know if it's profiteering but I'd say more like taking the wee wee. I went to my local tesco to fill up as I was on 1/4 tank, I was expecting to Q up. I pass an esso on the way it looked quite empty but I noticed the pump nozzles mostly had those plastic covers on them saying no fuel. Had to admit I felt oh shyite coz if esso was dry what about tesco? Well I got there and the entrance was blocked off with an arrow sign stating FUEL. I drove past and into the back way and around the kiosk where I saw about 10 cars queuing. Ok not bad at all really I thought but I noticed they were at the left bank of pumps so I went to the right where the two pumps were in use but I was next. Happy days. £65 of momentum later I'm on my way and still at 140.9 a litre.

Got to say what annoys me more than the main stream media fuelling this utter nonsense is the great dim witted British public falling for it. The whole area around here (near Gatwick) is without fuel and just about every station is closed. Next thing we'll see are those pulling in to top up their tanks and struggling to put in more than a quids worth. Why oh why can't these pathetic morons work it out!

• Like 6

Managed to get fuel at 11 am today from the nearest BP station. Now have enough to get us home tomorrow. Only just made it - they had already run out of diesel, standard and Ultimate, had a little bit of e10 unleaded left but only enough for another half hour and a bit longer for Ultimate. We passed by three hours later and the station was closed. The guy who served me didn’t know when they were going to get another delivery.

12 hours ago, Herbie said:

Looking out of the window I just can't believe the silly sods queueing up for petrol

image.thumb.png.68a62e319282df889349b1b274e03405.png

A chance to recycle Pam Ayers, me thinks…

I think that I may take a stroll

And buy myself a toilet roll.

At home it will be safely stowed 

With the other pallet load.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I filled up last Thursday as I was down to a quarter and noticed some pumps had those plastic out of fuel covers on them (Nelson). I think they were regular diesel and petrol. Didn't think much of it at the time, filled up with my usual vpower, clear I got lucky.

Hope this blows over the next couple of weeks once the hoarders are done and I need to fill up again. Bunch of morons ruining it for everyone else! There's only so much medicine I can teach online, some skills can only be learnt hands on.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2021 at 8:51 AM, paulrnx said:

I’m in North Wales with only 30 miles showing. I should have filled up on the way over at quieter fuel stations. Got here yesterday and it’s gone mad, huge queues everywhere. Hadn’t realised it would be like this. 

Our Son and family are presently stuck in Chelmsford looking for fuel, they were visiting relatives when the panic started and missed the indications, we were in Plymouth on Friday for a hospital appointment and on the main dual carriageway through the city the first lane was blocked by a very long line of cars waiting to get into a petrol station forecourt……we slipped past in the outside lane in our EV……😉

20 hours ago, Chris111 said:

What a selfish t**t that bloke is. I thought there were laws about storing fuel at a domestic property?

I believe the limit is 30 litres, after that you need to comply with the commercial “storage of flammable liquids” regulations.

• Thanks 1

......... and hopefully by this Thursday all those empty petrol stations will be refuelled and not sell a single drop hardly for a month coz all those mumpties that visit

image.thumb.png.389587baf75b4ccc19fc2c12d772cf08.png     so infrequently won't be around worrying us all ................. see. they even misspell the word "mumptie"

having their own special pumps:wink3:

Malc

What a world do we live in. No petrol, serious lack of truckdrivers,  lack of raw materials for the plastics industry, no pulp to produce paper, aluminium coils all sold out until 2023, no chips for the electronics industry also affecting the automotive industry, no glass to produce wine and champagnebottles ( noooooo), no shipping containers available, containershipping from China to Europe in one year from 1000 USD to 20.000 USD, no wood available, lack of steel for the buildingindustry.   Did Any of you had a look at leadtimes on new cars??? Everything seems upside down these days! 

Best to open a nice Malbec and wait for better times? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1