Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

1.569/L x 60 L to fill up my Subaru with VPower just now, that is around the most expensive fill for years - and I live quite remote so the larger cities are probably worse

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I wouldn't expect a price rise twice in one week. That's why it's bordering on rip off. Nothing to laugh about.

In Andalusia we have had a price rise every single day on diesel from 119.6 to 126.6 per litre.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

In Andalusia we have had a price rise every single day on diesel from 119.6 to 126.6 per litre.

£ or € ?

Here it is 1.24€/L. (V-Power - Shell)

One gas station still sell 95 octane at .99€. You have to wait in line though.

Lowest prices in The Netherlands currently in euro/ltr

E95      1,96

E98      2.10

Diesel  1.60

Note this is unmanned village pumps so not on the highway.

In case anyone wonders 63% is TAX.

50 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Lowest prices in The Netherlands currently in euro/ltr

E95      1,96

E98      2.10

Diesel  1.60

Note this is unmanned village pumps so not on the highway.

In case anyone wonders 63% is TAX.

wow, that mucho tax

just topped up yesterday prior to our 200 mile trip to Somerset tomorrow  ...... empty forecourt and zero E10 ( thankfully ) and the Tesco Momentum is at  142.9  ........... so maybe when the real fuel arrives, E10, the prices will nudge up a few pence :unsure:

Malc

On 10/16/2021 at 8:16 PM, Mr Vlad said:

If I remember correctly the tax on fuel here is a lot more than 63%, more like touching 80%.

Fuel duty is 57.95p per litre (been frozen at this for around the last 10 years) and then 20% vat on the total per litre price (vat charged on the fuel duty so that is double taxed...) 

Buying a road tanker full of fuel a month ago and securely parking it up until now and selling it would probably be the best investment ever when you consider the paltry interest rates on savings.

When fuel prices peaked a few years ago I predicted that BP would be the first to hit £1.50 per litre but they dropped again. Not this time and these prices are here to stay.

35 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Not this time and these prices are here to stay.

but probably not to stay as low as they are right now either 😵

Malc

I like in Kent and many years ago, you could fill up your tank in France, and fill your boot with groceries saving enough money to pay for the chunnel ticket and a nice meal ...although train tickets are now over £100, I wonder if it is still possible to make savings ?  I've not heard of any problems with fuel prices or food shortages in France... given what we saw at the weekend here, high prices and shortages are something we will need to get used while brexit effect takes time to settle down

11 hours ago, jumbojake said:

I like in Kent and many years ago, you could fill up your tank in France, and fill your boot with groceries saving enough money to pay for the chunnel ticket and a nice meal ...although train tickets are now over £100, I wonder if it is still possible to make savings ?  I've not heard of any problems with fuel prices or food shortages in France... given what we saw at the weekend here, high prices and shortages are something we will need to get used while brexit effect takes time to settle down

You can get a season wallet, brings per crossing down to around the 50 mark. Caveat is minimum buy is 10 crossings, although you can share your wallet with one other person. Expiry one year. Suspended at the mo, but they claim some new plan will take its place.

Used to be able to spend £250 at Calais Wine Supermarket and get a free return train tunnel ticket. Unfortunately it closed at the start of Covid. Easily fitted 19 cases in the old IS and plenty of cheese. £1.99 a bottle for the good stuff.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2021 at 4:43 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Update on tesco momentum price. Gone up again by 2p to 145.9ppl. Looking like rip off fuel prices. 

Just paid £1.47.9 a few hours ago. Up 4p since last Friday.

5 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

A part of me believes this is just oil companies and retailers recouping lost profits during the various lockdowns 

There's an interesting point here Paul, all our pension companies rely on corporates such as BP and Shell etc to make profits to pay our pensions. But by upping the price of petrol does this actually mean we are funding our own monthly payments partly ourselves through buying petrol? And of course it means reducing impact on our original investment fund - clever or what? 🤔

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links