Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

On 8/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, Las Palmas said:

Even better:

Private communication is available here in the forum.

Fuel panic is about what?

Warren Buffet and the stock market, apparently 🙂 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

and today at Hempstead Valley Kent Sainsbury's E10 is a staggering               167.9p

local Asda is 173.7p

never thought the day would come where Sainsbury was less expensive than Asda  ( I avoid the word cheaper .....  it's all so bl0--dy expensive )

Malc

• Like 1

So what's the general feeling on prices now?

Do the current drops sugggest a genuine downward trend in pricing, or are they simply competitive cuts in previous profiteering?

Anyone predicting sub £1.60, or even £1.50 in the near future?

3 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

So what's the general feeling on prices now?

Do the current drops sugggest a genuine downward trend in pricing, or are they simply competitive cuts in previous profiteering?

Anyone predicting sub £1.60, or even £1.50 in the near future?

I forecasted £1.60 weeks ago but in light of the continuing fall in oil prices which are now lower than when Russia invaded Ukraine, I'll confidently revise that to £1.50.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian R said:

I'll confidently revise that to £1.50

this year maybe ??  :whistling:

lest we forget that the oil companies changed their configuration on pricing very recently in that the spread between their own internal pricing rose 24 pence which improved their pricing to the retailers by this further margin and thence to be added to with Petroleum Revenue Tax of say 50% giving an uplift at the pump price of at least 35p before the retailers started to reduce their own margins .....  there's no sod-ding hope for us poor old retail buyers at the pumps ....  you and me eh!

Malc

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it dropping below £1.50 a litre now - the cat's out of the bag - people will still buy fuel even when it's £2.00 a litre and the fuel industry know that now! 

Predicting wholesale energy prices to plummet and a new forecast of annual bills of less than 4 grand...well maybe not

Its a ripe time to buy a V8 but I am hindered in only having a driveway for 2 cars and my Suabru isnt going anywhere and the wife needs a spot

• Haha 1

Heathrow is limiting departures to 100,000 people a day, whilst BA has cancelled all Heathrow flights. SCARY!

Now you know why they've been pushing taxi services and claiming that the Millennial generation aren't interested in owning their own car.

In Italy they're offering over 100% grants for insulation, whilst Spain is offering free train tickets.

They should do the same here, at least with buses, which drive around all day, mostly empty.

I see little future for Battery powered cars as after about a decade, you'll have a brick with a huge bill to replace the Battery and no 2nd hand market. At best I might consider a Battery with a 600m range and they're promising a million-mile Battery. Presumably, this is also why they're making the daft claim that second hand cars are fetching higher prices than brand-new. It's another cash for clunkers scheme.

A green-hydrogen plant is being built at Felixstowe. But it's only for trains, trucks and ships. So it looks like hydrogen will be the new red-diesel. Perhaps they'll allow car drivers to buy if they have a surplus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flotsam said:

They should do the same here, at least with buses, which drive around all day, mostly empty.

In some parts of the US, Florida was one I believe, local authorities partnered with Uber during the pandemic, allowing people to travel either free or at the same price as a bus ride. Although it cost them money by subsidising the Uber fares, it was cheaper than running near empty buses.

6 hours ago, flotsam said:

Heathrow is limiting departures to 100,000 people a day, whilst BA has cancelled all Heathrow flights. SCARY!

Now you know why they've been pushing taxi services and claiming that the Millennial generation aren't interested in owning their own car.

In Italy they're offering over 100% grants for insulation, whilst Spain is offering free train tickets.

I see little future for battery powered cars as after about a decade, you'll have a brick with a huge bill to replace the battery and no 2nd hand market. At best I might consider a battery with a 600m range and they're promising a million-mile battery. Presumably, this is also why they're making the daft claim that second hand cars are fetching higher prices than brand-new. It's another cash for clunkers scheme.

A green-hydrogen plant is being built at Felixstowe. But it's only for trains, trucks and ships. So it looks like hydrogen will be the new red-diesel. Perhaps they'll allow car drivers to buy if they have a surplus.

A Lexus LS460 would outlive a EV by years, heck probably a LS400 and ironically would ultimately be more environmentally friendly over its entire life cycle – considering they can do 300k miles plus easily - run one of them to the ground for 10 years and they will out do a EV in terms of saving eco systems, the thing is they will last way longer than 10 years - my Subaru is 14 years old and is purring like a kitten, chomping through MOTs for breakfast, a LS460 is hardly worn in.

There is a MY08 LS460 at work as a pool car and I cry each time I go to the mail room seeing it in its state of sadness and neglect, if I had a larger driveway I would most definitely ask the company can I please take it home.

An EV would need to do over 90k miles to even break even in terms of paying anything back to the planet, that’s what Volvo said - not Mr Tin Foil Toffee_Pie btw

• Like 2

18 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

heck probably a LS400 and ironically would ultimately be more environmentally friendly over its entire life cycle

any ideas what that might be  ???    mine's now at  240k miles  ...  lifecycle surely got to be a realistic forecast 50 years and 500k miles minimum would you think :wink3:

Malc  :yahoo:

• Like 1

and I've even seen my local Tesco yesterday reduce their E10 fuel price to  164.9p ...  about blo)dy time too eh !

Maybe the cartel locally has stopped and Morrisons and the BP garage will  " compete "  going forward .  miracles do sometimes happen eh !

Local Aldi store bursting at the seams with customers ( I was inside too )  ..... and driving past Tesco, clearly not the same fervour there ...  customers have learnt some salutary lessons about these conniving garage petrol supermarkets maybe 

Malc

44 minutes ago, Malc said:

any ideas what that might be  ???    mine's now at  240k miles  ...  lifecycle surely got to be a realistic forecast 50 years and 500k miles minimum would you think :wink3:

Malc  :yahoo:

Maybe I was too generous on the EVs, your Lexus is a prime example of how bad they are.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 3:23 PM, Bluesman said:

A small independent garage have just put their price down to 1-67 in Hampshire.

Where is that? In Portsmouth, it's still well above 1.7.

reading somewhere these past days that Costco selling E10 at  151.9p  .....  I'm many many miles from my local store sadly

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links