Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New NX ready to pre-order

Have had the attractive offer to reserve a new 450 h Plug-in which prompted me to look @ Spec etc & real Fuel Performance.

Similar to my UXe experience re real range, the mpg is actually little better than my current ICE which is very disappointing together with the inferior Spec.

Tel

On 10/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, Tel said:

Have had the attractive offer to reserve a new 450 h Plug-in which prompted me to look @ Spec etc & real Fuel Performance.

Similar to my UXe experience re real range, the mpg is actually little better than my current ICE which is very disappointing together with the inferior Spec.

Tel

I know real world figures are very different to 'official' WLTP figures but according to the Lexus press release, the new 450h+ plug-in has an mpg of 256.8 to 313.9 (* Lexus target data, pending homologation) compared with an mpg range of 36.7 to 37.2 for the current NX.

The real world fuel figures are posted on the Lexus GB 450h Web Site so they themselves are confirming the figures which are barely better than my May 2021 NX.

Tel

12 minutes ago, Tel said:

The real world fuel figures are posted on the Lexus GB 450h Web Site so they themselves are confirming the figures which are barely better than my May 2021 NX.

Tel

It depends on how you use it. If you're commuting everyday less than 30 miles surely your MPG is going to be extremely high like 300mpg

If you're not bothered and just use it as a normal hybrid itll be similiar as the previous car

On 10/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, Tel said:

which is very disappointing together with the inferior Spec.

^^ One assumes that the standard specification will be upgraded as the car ages, much as the current NX has been. I looked at the 350h Premium Plus and couldn’t see anything really obvious missing when compared with my 2018 Luxury - in fact, it had additional equipment.

9 hours ago, Tel said:

Tel

On the 'Technical Data' page under the 'All-New Lexus NX price list' on the UK website, the 'EV Range' is shown as ">40 miles" (with the usual caveats) but there are no mpg figures listed. The figures I quoted are from the Lexus press release. However, if you "Request a brochure and price list" for the NX on the UK website, it brings up the e-brochure for the existing NX and is dated June 2021. Under Technical Data, mpg for the AWD NX is shown as 36.6 - 37.1. I don't think Lexus are helping things by still showing the existing model under "Request a brochure".  

As ever, we need to wait until a New Normal Society returns & see how the Phev Option fares over a Year.

Further Charge Points have to litter the Highways to achieve the Phev potential.

The Data I quoted was for the 450h Mk.2 NX.

See US Web Sites on the Rav Phev for complimentary actual mpg data

Tel

On 10/1/2021 at 2:28 PM, Pm4 said:

Does anyone know when the new 450h+ will be available for test drive?

I got message inviting to view it on 27th of November in Lexus Woodford, it notes that "no test drives will be available". But considering that cars will be in UK dealerships I think it is not too long after that they will be available to test drive, maybe even by the end of this year or early next year (actually much sooner than I thought)... and I doubt Woodford is very big dealership in terms of sales, so if they have it then more prominent dealerships will surely have it as well.

• Like 2

The 2022 NX will be unveiled in both the 350 hybrid and 450 plug-in versions at Italian dealerships on Saturday 30/Sunday 31 October, and probably made available for test drives the following week or the next.  The event is by invitation, though I can't imagine walk-in prospective customers being turned away.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:46 AM, Linas.P said:

I got message inviting to view it on 27th of November in Lexus Woodford, it notes that "no test drives will be available". But considering that cars will be in UK dealerships I think it is not too long after that they will be available to test drive, maybe even by the end of this year or early next year (actually much sooner than I thought)... and I doubt Woodford is very big dealership in terms of sales, so if they have it then more prominent dealerships will surely have it as well.

I too got the text message from Lexus Woodford (my local dealer with whom I have the order for the 350h) regarding the viewing today (27th) so will be popping along later today to take a look. Will be interesting to see what "variant"/specification of the NX they have on show.

It may be that we only have couple of cars making rounds in UK dealerships, rather than dealerships having their own demos. Previously when this happened with RC and LC, the demos (for test drive) became available couple of month later after unveiling the car, when dealerships got their dedicated cars. Lexus Reading says they will have new NX available for viewing on 19th of November (so before Woodford). As well they state it is pre-production model.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andy B said:

I too got the text message from Lexus Woodford (my local dealer with whom I have the order for the 350h) regarding the viewing today (27th) so will be popping along later today to take a look. Will be interesting to see what "variant"/specification of the NX they have on show.

So I went to Lexus Woodford this morning and saw the new NX.

It was a 450h F Sport in white with the red/black interior. It was left-hand drive (had German number plates stacked away in the boot) so obviously it's not a proper dealership demonstrator. Like @Linas.P has suggested it could be a car that's going to do a tour of the dealerships around the country.

I must say that it looks even better "in the flesh" and does look very nice in white with the black F Sport wheels and exterior trim.

Had plenty of time to check it out. Was even able to fire it up and sample the delights of the new Infotainment system with the 14" screen which looks amazing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 10/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, Andy B said:

So I went to Lexus Woodford this morning and saw the new NX.

It was a 450h F Sport in white with the red/black interior. It was left-hand drive (had German number plates stacked away in the boot) so obviously it's not a proper dealership demonstrator. Like @Linas.P has suggested it could be a car that's going to do a tour of the dealerships around the country.

I must say that it looks even better "in the flesh" and does look very nice in white with the black F Sport wheels and exterior trim.

Had plenty of time to check it out. Was even able to fire it up and sample the delights of the new Infotainment system with the 14" screen which looks amazing. 

Does it feel like pure luxury? 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:36 AM, Andy B said:

It does indeed.

I guess test drive will show how close it has got to driving dynamics of the likes of the X3 and F-Pace.

1 hour ago, KTLX said:

I guess test drive will show how close it has got to driving dynamics of the likes of the X3 and F-Pace.

I really hope if Lexus makes the cars handle more like BMW or Jag that it does not require a compromise on reliability!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

The NX prototype arrived at Lexus Edinburgh today on its UK tour. Great to view it in the metal and I am impressed particularly with the interior. It certainly makes the current NX dashboard look outdated! 

Look forward to a test drive in due course. 

• Like 3

Too much Toyota for me.

Do a side by side of the interior with a Rav-4 you’ll see what I mean.

classic / classy IWC style dials gone, steering wheel just rebadged, central console, list goes on.

Glad I bought mine in 2020 as there’s still a good decade before I’ll think about changing.

Regarding the pan roof, you won’t get it on the 450h until it’s been tested to meet the rollover test with the weight of the Battery under the floor.  We’ll have to wait for all the crash testing for that and then only if it passes.  It’s why they have that cross bar that the 300h never had.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Don C said:

Regarding the pan roof, you won’t get it on the 450h until it’s been tested to meet the rollover test with the weight of the battery under the floor.  We’ll have to wait for all the crash testing for that and then only if it passes.  It’s why they have that cross bar that the 300h never had.  

That makes a lot of sense. So I wonder if the 300h didn't have a pan roof when it first came out 🤔

10 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

That makes a lot of sense. So I wonder if the 300h didn't have a pan roof when it first came out 🤔

The 300h doesn’t carry nearly the same weight in batteries.   

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links