Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Censors advice required

Hi all, I’m trying to find out why my Lexus dealer cannot differentiate between two censors alerts.. he is unable to tell me where the fault is the Yaw rate censor or the brake actuator.

he tells me that he has to replace the yaw rate censor first at a considerable cost and if that’s not the issue he has to then replace the brake actuator.

if it’s the latter fault it I will have had to have paid for both repairs and it will have cost me more than the car is worth.

I feel that a dealer with his diagnostic equipment should be able to tell me what the fault is and determine one or the other and not give me the options for which I have to pay for him to find out which one it is.

any advice out there, particularly is it possible to differentiate between the two faults?

thank you!

I'd be inclined to take it to another dealer or somewhere else completely. The RX300 may be a Lexus but it's just a standard petrol-engined car that thousands of mechanics up and down the country can work on.

What's wrong with the car and what symptoms are you experiencing?

Have you read any OBD2 codes (preferably with Techstream) and if so, what are they?

• Like 2

On 9/26/2021 at 1:21 PM, Stephen Hynes said:

Hi all, I’m trying to find out why my Lexus dealer cannot differentiate between two censors alerts.. he is unable to tell me

coz he's a Lexus Dealer and not a sensible real-life mechanic ....  as above, take it to a reputable independent and see the world unfold with hopefully small cost outcomes

Malc

• Like 1

I'd be inclined to ask why he can't ask a colleague to drive the car while he monitors live data from the two sensors to pinpoint the faulty one. Surely if they are faulty they will give wildly inaccurate outputs, or no outputs at all.  From the live data you should be able to determine which is the guilty sensor. The Lexus technical database should have details on pinpointing which is the faulty one.

Unloading the parts cannon at the car isn't very professional. And not cheap given Lexus dealer prices.

With a dealer you're paying over the odds supposedly for superior knowledge when it comes to the cars and that superior knowledge base should be able to supply instructions on how to determine which of the two sensors is faulty.

Or so you'd think.

• Like 1