Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 300 05 Batteries now gone in both key fobs!

2 minutes ago, PCM said:

If you have a small screwdriver you can do it yourself.

I bought a cheapo watch screwdriver set from eBay - about ÂŁ5.

Really useful to have.

I went to Halfords and they said I would need to reprograme the car if I did it myself? Seems a bit over the top?

• Haha 2

You could also try your timpsons or similar if you don't fancy doing it yourself, first time I have heard of reprogramming the car if you do it yourself lol, I have always changed my fob batteries myself with no problems so far.

18 minutes ago, Rexlex said:

I went to Halfords and they said I would need to reprograme the car if I did it myself? Seems a bit over the top?

Utter drivel. That`s Halfrauds for you !

Follow Piers` advice or go to Lexus DEALER-HE MAY JUST DO IT FOR FREE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, scudney said:

You could also try your timpsons or similar if you don't fancy doing it yourself, first time I have heard of reprogramming the car if you do it yourself lol, I have always changed my fob batteries myself with no problems so far.

Bloke in Timsons said main dealer🤷‍♂️ all nonsense of course...

• Like 2

Just now, Rexlex said:

Bloke in Timsons said main dealer🤷‍♂️ all nonsense if course...

I asked Timpsons once to engrave a Cup for a School event, with... and I wrote it down for them, 'Stewart House'.

They did. Only problem was, it was engraved as, 'Stuart House'.

I rest my case.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, PCM said:

I asked Timpsons once to engrave a Cup for a School event, with... and I wrote it down for them, 'Stewart House'.

They did. Only problem was, it was engraved as, 'Stuart House'.

I rest my case.

Says an awful lot about your handwriting Piers old pal!🤣

• Haha 2

For future reference because I see that you're sorted now.

I forget the size of the batteries so as an example, a strip of five CR2032 is just ÂŁ3.58 at cpc.com

An 11-piece set of jewelers screwdrivers from the same place for just ÂŁ2.03 (although personally I'd go for a better quality set)

All including VAT but plus about ÂŁ4 for delivery.

So the whole thing for less than a tenner and you have the screwdrivers for anything that crops up in the future and also three extra batteries too.

A couple of minutes of your time and Robert is your mother's brother, job done.

Of course, you don't have to tell us if you don't want to but I'm just curious - how much did Timpsons charge you?

Has anyone managed to "Upgrade" the normal Gen 2 RX key for one that flips into the fob. Both my keys have come apart when turning on ignition at various times. Have managed to superglue it shut so it's a bit stronger but would like to replace with a folding fob if it's economical. 

I know you can transfer the brains into a folding fob but always seem to come up with problems about how you get a blank cut, and where. 

1 hour ago, Shelside said:

Has anyone managed to "Upgrade" the normal Gen 2 RX key for one that flips into the fob. Both my keys have come apart when turning on ignition at various times. Have managed to superglue it shut so it's a bit stronger but would like to replace with a folding fob if it's economical. 

I know you can transfer the brains into a folding fob but always seem to come up with problems about how you get a blank cut, and where. 

Not a folding key but a stronger shell and no problem with cutting the key blade because he does it for you:

Have a look at this link here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2