Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie after ISF -£16k

Hi guys I’m Richard from Swindon.

Thought I’d join up as I’m in the process of selling my Mustang and in the market for an isf next.

I’ve had Lexus’s before and you really can’t beat them for reliability and hassle free motoring. 

Ive had 2 Gen one is200’s 2 Gen one is300’s and a gen 2 Is250 Sr 

Any advise on what to look out for would be appreciated, I’m hoping to have £15-£16k budget. 
Ive been told mileage isn’t a big deal as long as they’ve been serviced regularly and well maintained. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich1988 said:

Hi guys I’m Richard from Swindon.

Thought I’d join up as I’m in the process of selling my Mustang and in the market for an isf next.

I’ve had Lexus’s before and you really can’t beat them for reliability and hassle free motoring. 

Ive had 2 Gen one is200’s 2 Gen one is300’s and a gen 2 Is250 Sr 

Any advise on what to look out for would be appreciated, I’m hoping to have £15-£16k budget. 
Ive been told mileage isn’t a big deal as long as they’ve been serviced regularly and well maintained. 

Hi Richard, like yourself I’ve gone IS200, IS300 IS250sel, I’ve had mine for seven years, only thing to look for is a good service record with a reputable company, preventative maintenance would be the rad replacement……valley plate (American thing not heard any here) water pump and the manifolds are the weakest points, once done they’re pretty much bulletproof, obviously there’s the odd abused car about, these are the main areas of concern from my perspective……. Being such low numbers most are known including the odd stay away car…….hope u find what your looking for,

Paul

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Twellsie said:

On 9/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Twellsie said:

Hi Richard, i might potentially be selling mine, what kind of time frame are you looking at?

I’m no in any great rush, want to have a good look around 

• 2 weeks later...

Valley plate and cracked headers, here in Australia these two issues are the most common. Infact some of the early model GSF and RCF are also prone to the valley plate 

I am surprised not many being reported in the UK for valley plate .

It is bizare that we dont seem to suffer the Valley Plate failure in the UK yet its quite common in the US. I dont think I have heard of a single UK instance.