Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gearbox/engine

Chris coyle

If you mean that it revs high when applying putting your foot to the floor in either normal or sport mode, then I have found the same.  Having found that in my early days of ownership, I now choose to increase speed in a more sedate manner, and would only "floor it" on rare occasions.

23 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

In my view "Driving a Lexus" and "Foot to the floor" is a contradiction in terms.

I fully agree, particularly the hybrid. That is why journalists, reviewing a car, thrash the hell out of them and then complain about the CVT gearbox. Normal driving is so far away from car reviews by "professionals" - if you want that sort of car, there are many to choose out there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

In my view "Driving a Lexus" and "Foot to the floor" is a contradiction in terms.

c'mon now John ........  have you never experienced the utter thrill of a 4ltr V8 Ls400 being " floored " .....  but only in exceptional chasing the pants off Boy Racers at the lights syndrome of course ....  it's a wonderful remarkable experience knowing one's in charge of immeasurable POWER :yahoo:

Malc

BUT I doubt many do it for sure, we are by the most part ( Ls400 owners ) a group of gentle power using giants not accustomed to showing-off whatever

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Chris coyle said:

my2014  ct200h  with less than 12k miles revs quite high under load, is this normal..tia

Yes, this is the way Toyota/Lexus eCVTs work. It's a very complex and highly sophisticated system that I can't even pretend to know how it works. In situations like this Google is your friend so here's one to start you off https://mag.lexus.co.uk/perfect-partners-e-cvt-and-hybrid/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Have you returned, not been yet or still on Olympus my friend ?

Yes, back in Blighty and feeling 🥶. Just about to write a TA review of my humble lodgings and entreat people to just go! Yes the bureaucracy is tiresome but go if only for the difference in light which is so uplifting alongside the Ouzo 🙃

12 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I'm 1 going against the grain here as my 2005 IS300 is over 600bhp 😂.

Although I do have a CT200 as my daily driver which I don't think has ever seen any more than 50% throttle.

52 minutes ago, rob_clio172 said:

I'm 1 going against the grain here as my 2005 IS300 is over 600bhp 😂.

Although I do have a CT200 as my daily driver which I don't think has ever seen any more than 50% throttle.

In the CT forum Roy is right.

Outside the forum - you have a point.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 3:52 PM, Chris coyle said:

my2014  ct200h  with less than 12k miles revs quite high under load, is this normal..tia

Yes. If you push the pedal down all the way then the vehicle assumes you want maximum power and that is achieved by the engine revving close to the redline.

None of this inefficient slowly building up the revs or getting up to peak power and then losing it because you have to change gear and the revs drop away again.

• Like 3