Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Martin Wright

Congratulations Martin and I'm sure the "love" will last. I've been here for some 3 months, and it's remarkable how little (if any) comment is made in regard to any problems with the car. Hopefully you'll enjoy the fabled reliability of the Lexus brand and just as importantly the driving dynamics and the good looks of your new car. 

On 9/27/2021 at 9:21 PM, lloydweb said:

Welcome Martin, a fellow Northener! Is it the hybrid or the V8, and what colour did you get?

Hi AJ

i bought the V8 and it’s red with the black interior. I’ll add a photo 

963D14F8-E612-450B-9265-49ED95ACC7A8.jpeg

04FD488B-5A42-47E6-9E7A-C899D7DEC891.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:00 AM, Brian R said:

Congratulations Martin and I'm sure the "love" will last. I've been here for some 3 months, and it's remarkable how little (if any) comment is made in regard to any problems with the car. Hopefully you'll enjoy the fabled reliability of the Lexus brand and just as importantly the driving dynamics and the good looks of your new car. 

Hi Brian, so far so good. I’ve got squealing brakes when it’s hot at very slow speed but other than that it’s really great. I had a Jaguar F Type before but this is a different animal. Refined yet capable. Much prefer it. 

963D14F8-E612-450B-9265-49ED95ACC7A8.jpeg

04FD488B-5A42-47E6-9E7A-C899D7DEC891.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Brian, so far so good. I’ve got squealing brakes when it’s hot at very slow speed but other than that it’s really great. I had a Jaguar F Type before but this is a different animal. Refined yet capable. Much prefer it. 

That's a beaut Martin and to my mind the best colour for the LC! Funny enough I considered an F type, but I wasn't sure the quality was quite there especially after having had an XE and XF. I'm sure Jaguar will eventually get there, but I'll happily wait till they do.

The squealing brakes is something noted by other members and I believe acknowledged by Lexus. As a consequence, I also believe some have had their brake pads changed out by Lexus and this resolved the problem. May well be a good idea to take it into your local dealer and ask for advice.

Again, congratulations on the purchase, and I, for one, am very envious.

Lovely that Martin, I've got the hybrid in black with black interior, its more than fast enough for me! Had it since March and absolutely blown away by it. Still getting ridiculous attention from people about it, I'm sure you'll get the same. I had mine serviced for the first time last week, no issues at all. Apparently there's a software update due: it's not actually in the dealers yet so they are going to bring it next month when it's available, along with the infamous petrol flap recall. With yours being a model year newer than mine, you may not need these however.

Martin,

Beautiful car you have there.

I had the front brake noise and had the front pads changed for the latest ones by my dealer under warranty.So far,the noise has gone.

The fuel lid issue should be no problem as your car is later than the change of design.
Dont know about any software update but will ask when mine is serviced next month.

A J. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. My car is in Lexus now having the brakes assessed but interesting to know that it’s a common fault. Mine is a late 2020 model even though I bought it this year but doesn’t have apple Car Play disappointingly. They say there might be a software upgrade to add it in but from what I read it’s unlikely. Beyond that I’m very impressed with it and you’re right it’s a real head turner. Infinitely better than my F Type !  

• Like 2

Dealer will change the pads, but mine still squeal, i spray some iron remover on the callipers every now and then and that helps, i think its just a build up of break bust on the pads.

I think the latest up date is MM19, can take up to 2 hours to do some updates, with the engine running, so make sure you have enough fuel.

Make sure it has had the re call for the fuel pump ( if needed ) and your petrol cap may stick and not open, there is a fix for that under warranty, its a big gob and will take all day.

other than that, Enjoy.

23 hours ago, Martin Wright said:

Mine is a late 2020 model even though I bought it this year but doesn’t have Apple Car Play disappointingly. They say there might be a software upgrade to add it in but from what I read it’s unlikely.

If you configure a brand new LC on the Lexus website, it doesn't mention Car Play at all and the pictures of the interior don't show it either. Not sure why this is?

46 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Martin and welcome to the LOC, I didn’t realise we had so many LC500 owners.

Definitely a growing popularity with the LC500s and Incan completely understand why