Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New video on YouTube by JayEmm

jimdollar

I lasted exactly eight minutes, just waffle about unrelated stuff, I drifted.

I love the SC look, it's unique.

Seems like JM is comparing this twenty years old design with modern stuff like LC etc' that's where he lost me.

• Like 2

I don't mind the ugly tag and to be fair, unless Ross really likes the look of them, the unusual treatment of the wheels needs to be reversed but I wish there was more substance and in depth, fact based analysis with so many of these reviews. Too often it's more about the reviewer and raising their level of popularity and less about the subject.

If you're going to do a review and put it out there on you-tube, why not do some proper homework, research it thoroughly and provide something that will hold the audience interest more than a dodgy quip or quirky shirt pattern.  

For example, the boot is so small you can fold a whole metal roof into it, carry a spare wheel and still have room for several carrier bags of shopping but anyone who doesn't know this, views the vid, listens to yet another journo confirming how tiny the boot space is and thinks it's not capable of carrying any serious luggage or indeed rustling those sheep. 

Reviewing an 18 year old car on a rough twisty road, roof down with a non-standard, questionable suspension set up and condemning the ride handling characteristics is just not doing a proper job. If a car feels as bad as the impression given, a knowledgeable driver with some mechanical credibility should be able to identify that something isn't quite right with that particular car.  With a standard set up, it couldn't ever be described as agile but the SC430 isn't as unrewarding as described. Experience suggests the choice of aftermarket springs may be some of the problem and then the comment 'Lexus! what were you thinking of?' might be reconsidered.

• Like 2

Have never watched his videos before, but he does waffle on for the sake of it. Im not overly fond of his padding techniques but i dont dislike the content. Its a hard compromise to watch haha 

• Like 1

I have seen the majority of it but could not listen to the full thing because he was assessing a non standard early model, there were so many errors in his knowledge of the vehicle and displays of his personal feelings. 

Anyway we, the educated know better!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Initial P said:

"You are not true Otaku until you have Japanese Initial D style cup holders!"

Lucky Amazon UK had some 😎

DSC_0077.JPG

Crikey Peter I note your temp is set at 24 😱 hate to pay your home energy bills 🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links