Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue RC F 2015

Interesting read.

I am local to this garage and saw the Lexus while passing so called in.  I’m a Munich enthusiast usually and have always been tempted by the companys usual array of interesting BMWs but the RCF caught my eye this time.

I came on here to see if the previous owner could be found? The RCF looks lovely, few minor wheels scuffs but was told it was not prepared and recently arrived with a deal already in place. I asked for a test drive however was politely declined as it was on hold for a customer, so was only allowed a sit in and start the engine. They did allow me to view the paperwork however. Didn’t meet the owner but am awaiting a call at the weekend should the deal not proceed.

Not as many prestige vehicles as they have stocked previously, they explained they are finding it tough to buy at the moment.  Although did try to tempt me with a Orange BMW 1M that is due to arrive. A friend has purchased from these before who has had no issues and speaks well of them.

Should the deal not proceed is there a way of searching the previous owner on here via the registration? 

Does the RCF have any known issues that I should look out for? Does the Lexus warranty cover everything like the manufacturers warranty? TVD, How essential is it?

There is another vehicle local to me at £30995, although white and not as striking as the blue to look at, I may venture over to view at the weekend.

22 hours ago, Jeremy Dodds said:

Should the deal not proceed is there a way of searching the previous owner on here via the registration? 

Does the RCF have any known issues that I should look out for? Does the Lexus warranty cover everything like the manufacturers warranty? TVD, How essential is it?

There is another vehicle local to me at £30995, although white and not as striking as the blue to look at, I may venture over to view at the weekend.

If the previous owner is a forum dweller you can attempt to utilise the search function button or potentially another member may know that person, with the lack of response to this thread thus far from the previous owner I doubt it though. 

Nope, no known issues. One person has had a gearbox issue but that looked to be isolated theres no trend in issues and issues are not often raised at all with any lexus. 

I to am not often fond of cars unless they are bold and stand out BUT the paintwork with the F family of cars is exceptional, its more of a you have to see it in person on a sunny day to understand how stunning all the colors truly are. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:46 AM, Jeremy Dodds said:

Orange BMW 1M

Oooft the only M car that I've wanted, still on 'the list' but other cars before it at the moment 😆

searching the previous owner

As @Arnett has said, lack of response to this thread doesn't look hopeful, but there are a few people on the forum that keep stock of F cars, so may chime in at home point with some history. It might be worth trying the facebook group too and asking the question there?

Does the RCF have any known issues

None so far, few random isolated events but no patterns/ common issues. These babies are fairly bulletproof!

TVD, How essential is it?

I would imagine it depends how you intend on using the car, I haven't driven one without so lets hope another member has!

Thank you all. Unfortunately I’ve had the phone call this morning that the deal has in fact gone ahead so I’ve missed that one. I must say I’m not surprised it appeared a stunning car.

The 1M is unfortunately out of my price reach at Vogue, at 15000 miles and one owner they are asking £58000.  I do love a bright colour but an somewhat too old for orange.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Dodds said:

Unfortunately they would not divulge the sales price.

I mean you could always ask the thread creator, pretty sure he was the purchaser. Gives you a decent guide price just send him a message and verify that always worth the ask. 

F Owners are all quite openish usually, keeps us able to track prices and stuff fairly and often share service or tech queries etc. 

Hi guys, so RCF is on my driveway finally. 

I am really happy with the car, everything works. Done 250 miles today with it. TVD, BSM, gearbox, engine WOW... 12 months Lexus warranty stamped as well

so I hope it stays.

It is exactly as I expected. NOT a track car, NO NO NO. 

Feels heavy but safer at the same time. Proper GT, lovely exhaust sound. I love the interior, exterior and what else really? 

Oh I fitted my kids there. Boy is 10 and girl 5. No problem at all because back seats in coupe have this "depth". It is my toy so kids only if emergency. 

Volvo S60 is the one to carry them everywhere.

About the seller: Genuine guys. They hold the car for me with no deposit, no pushing. Cannot be more happy really. 

About the deal: I am never put off because of some misunderstandings. Deal is a deal and I do not need to love seller/buyer to finalise it anyway.

Thank you for your help and I will be here much more often then.

PS Sorry for my English, still learning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DamianLEX said:

Hi guys, so RCF is on my driveway finally. 

I am really happy with the car, everything works. Done 250 miles today with it. TVD, BSM, gearbox, engine WOW... 12 months Lexus warranty stamped as well

so I hope it stays.

It is exactly as I expected. NOT a track car, NO NO NO. 

Feels heavy but safer at the same time. Proper GT, lovely exhaust sound. I love the interior, exterior and what else really? 

Oh I fitted my kids there. Boy is 10 and girl 5. No problem at all because back seats in coupe have this "depth". It is my toy so kids only if emergency. 

Volvo S60 is the one to carry them everywhere.

About the seller: Genuine guys. They hold the car for me with no deposit, no pushing. Cannot be more happy really. 

About the deal: I am never put off because of some misunderstandings. Deal is a deal and I do not need to love seller/buyer to finalise it anyway.

Thank you for your help and I will be here much more often then.

PS Sorry for my English, still learning.

Glad your happy with it Damian, Cant wait to hear about your drives and seeing loads of photos. 

Something weird going on with this thread. New users, long posts out of nowhere about how great a dealership is. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Enjoy the car Damian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Something weird going on with this thread. New users, long posts out of nowhere about how great a dealership is. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Enjoy the car Damian.

More importantly, when we going for a drive? Only managed to get poverty spec fuel so I'd ideally like to burn through that and get some 99 back in the tank! 😆

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, serbarry said:

After reading it all and not understanding can somebody please explain what TVD is? 

Asbo settings 😉

Slalom for country roads

Track for daily driving.  

I think theres another mode but Its pointless. 

Hi,

I have done just over 1200 miles in it. Lovely car, no issues and suits me perfectly. 

Today in the morning a message appeared that I need to contact Lexus Chester about engine oil change. I went into settings/ maintenance and engine icon is orange. It says I should change oil now. Is that possible they did not do that on 60k service a month ago? 

It just looks strange. I have no issues paying for that if that is the schedule BUT what was 60k service for if oil not changed? I always change engine oil in any car during EVERY period service...

Any thoughts?

Could be they didn't reset the service interval on the car and it has just flashed up. Whoever carried out the 60k service should have an invoice of what items were used, can ask them to provide it and it will list the oil/ filters/ plugs used etc, if for some reason they can't, then fair reason to ask them to change the oil for peace of mind.

60k service is the 'big one' and will most definitely include oil 🙂 there will be a guide available on Lexus UK website which should detail what is included in said service or maybe someone has a copy to hand and will post below.

56 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Could be they didn't reset the service interval on the car and it has just flashed up. Whoever carried out the 60k service should have an invoice of what items were used, can ask them to provide it and it will list the oil/ filters/ plugs used etc, if for some reason they can't, then fair reason to ask them to change the oil for peace of mind.

60k service is the 'big one' and will most definitely include oil 🙂 there will be a guide available on Lexus UK website which should detail what is included in said service or maybe someone has a copy to hand and will post below.

Screenshot_20211017-163849.png

Screenshot_20211017-164101.png

1 hour ago, DamianLEX said:

It says I should change oil now. Is that possible they did not do that on 60k service a month ago?

As others have stated, oil gets changed at every service. They just didn't reset the counter (or assumed it wasn't set as it is just an owner reminder).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links