Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue RC F 2015

Hi,

anyone knows anything about this car?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109247769320?sort=price-asc&include-delivery-option=on&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=LEXUS&model=RC F&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=sa55dl&page=1

Seller says 4 owners, mileage quite high. I do not know if it is worth it, especially travelling from Swansea to view it.

Please help

19 minutes ago, DamianLEX said:

Hi,

anyone knows anything about this car?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109247769320?sort=price-asc&include-delivery-option=on&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=LEXUS&model=RC F&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=sa55dl&page=1

Seller says 4 owners, mileage quite high. I do not know if it is worth it, especially travelling from Swansea to view it.

Please help

Seems rather cheap, id check the history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamianLEX said:

mileage quite high.

Nah, not for these cars.

13 minutes ago, scudney said:

if one can't look after wiper blades and tyres would else are they ignoring 🤔

Amen to that!

Edit - Check if it has received its 60k service, that's a big spend straight off the bat otherwise 🙂

I told this guy about TVD etc and now price on Autotrader is up £1000. 2 hours ago trader had no idea what is TVD 🙂 Beware people of this sort of con artists. Very poor... I keep looking.

• Haha 1

Good morning gents and ladies.

I am the owner of Vogue who has this RC F advertised and would like to clarify Damiens Mis information above.

Damien did not tell us about TVD, this is a fabrication, I have the voice recording to verify should anyone wish to listen, he asked us if the car has TVD which we immediatly responded yes. It seems Damien did not have confidence in our response so asked for a photo, we later sent a video inside the car.

The car was advertised with no detailed description  whatsoever as it had only just arrived in stock. This detail was added yesterday evening. Shortly before Damiens fabrication.

Damien was discussing purchasing the vehicle.

We raised the price of the vehicle as we were selling the vehicle with a 60k service and the 12 month Lexus warranty included. In my eyes this is worth £1000.

Damien text is at 7.45PM after we missed his call and explained we had five minutes to call him back. Screen shot below.  

Had Damien given us chance to speak to him we would have easily explained the situation, however given the tone of the message at such a time of night we had huge reservations not selling him a vehicle. We would even have continued to sell him the car at the lower price. He would not have put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

I called Damien this morning to verify this situation, again I have the voice recording where he admitted he did not tell us about TVD. I asked him to explain the situation on here, or I would.

The car has six Lexus services completed at two different Lexus dealers. It’s supplied with a 12 month Lexus Reflex Warranty. The 60k service, MOT and Lexus health check was completed at Chester Lexus on the 21st of this month.

The last two owners were father and son.

Currently the cheapest RCF in the country like for like, full main dealer history, Lexus Warranty etc.

I wish you all a great day.

A2E7073D-9B59-44E6-AF2F-46E68CF66875.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I must apologise because there was a huge mistake and lack of communication between owner / employee and me.

We talked with owner and made things straight. I am sorry for assuming too quickly.

It is not so common to speak with such gentlemen nowadays.

• Haha 1

Why do half a job advertising the car ?

You get everything sorted first prior to posting such as photos, description etc. In order to do the advertisement in 1 go. This avoids price alterations on the advertisement and other issues.

The latest Lexus Relax warranty negates your justification of increasing the price for warranty reasons, the 60k service wouldn't cost you a lot as a dealer either, especially with how much the market devalues trade ins and sells at a massively marked up price.

If I was told an increase in 1k for these reasons, I'd of walked away, clearly not professional.

rather putting all the blame on Damien. If you undertake a route cause analysis, you'll come to the same conclusion as me, that if the car was advertised correctly in the first place, this wouldn't of occured.

Have a word with your advertising department.

This is why I don't trust, and detest car dealers. Too many business men, not enough car people.

21 minutes ago, 4969_LXS said:

Why do half a job advertising the car ?

You get everything sorted first prior to posting such as photos, description etc. In order to do the advertisement in 1 go. This avoids price alterations on the advertisement and other issues.

The latest Lexus Relax warranty negates your justification of increasing the price for warranty reasons, the 60k service wouldn't cost you a lot as a dealer either, especially with how much the market devalues trade ins and sells at a massively marked up price.

If I was told an increase in 1k for these reasons, I'd of walked away, clearly not professional.

rather putting all the blame on Damien. If you undertake a route cause analysis, you'll come to the same conclusion as me, that if the car was advertised correctly in the first place, this wouldn't of occured.

Have a word with your advertising department.

This is why I don't trust, and detest car dealers. Too many business men, not enough car people.

To be fair Lexus main dealers rarely get everything sorted first off so I'd cut the guy some slack. Their first move is to slap £5k on the price they paid for it, no pic, no prep its like a magical mystery tour. I agree about the Lexus relax stuff ..that automatically comes with the service.

It looks priced to sell.  

• Like 1

The fact we've got two people taddling on each other to the F forum is honestly hilarious.

More hilarious that it is customer and dealer.

40 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Their first move is to slap £5k on the price they paid for it, no pic, no prep its like a magical mystery tour.

This gave me an additional chuckle, I concur, think there is even some RC F adverts up as we speak lacking pics etc.

1 hour ago, 4969_LXS said:

Why do half a job advertising the car ??

If people are looking for these cars, see the advert and notice the dealer is local, they are surely going to drop in to see the car/ or enquire? If there isn't an advert, this can't happen, so personally don't blame dealers for getting something up rather than nothing - but of course, this is just personal opinion!

Hi @doog442 and @hockeyedwards.

I agree, it is funny but also an insight into how fractured the car industry is. This kind of thing shouldn't happen.

Fair enough about getting the advert up quick, of course you want it up ASAP. As well as fair enough on enquiring at the dealership if it's local, I thought this was a given before considering the travel to the dealership, it costs nothing to call.

I just don't like half jobs, if you're going to advertise and you want it up quick, at least get everything done first and do it once. Rather than quickly get an empty advertisment up and add to it later. It's so frustrating seeing an advertisement on Autotrader with no pics or description, instantly puts me off and I look at other examples.

To me, there are lessons to be learnt on both sides of this one.

To quote Ron Swanson "Don't half A*s two things, whole A*s one thing"

@4969_LXS Oh don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is right, but more just that I understand why it happens.

55 minutes ago, 4969_LXS said:

To quote Ron Swanson "Don't half A*s two things, whole A*s one thing"

I see you are a man of culture 😉

• Like 1

Good morning gents and ladies.

I am the owner of Vogue who has this RC F advertised and would like to clarify Damiens Mis information above.

Damien did not tell us about TVD, this is a fabrication, I have the voice recording to verify should anyone wish to listen, he asked us if the car has TVD which we immediatly responded yes. It seems Damien did not have confidence in our response so asked for a photo, we later sent a video inside the car.

The car was advertised with no detailed description  whatsoever as it had only just arrived in stock. This detail was added yesterday evening. Shortly before Damiens fabrication.

Damien was discussing purchasing the vehicle.

We raised the price of the vehicle as we were selling the vehicle with a 60k service and the 12 month Lexus warranty included. In my eyes this is worth £1000.

Damien text is at 7.45PM after we missed his call and explained we had five minutes to call him back. Screen shot below.  

Had Damien given us chance to speak to him we would have easily explained the situation, however given the tone of the message at such a time of night we had huge reservations not selling him a vehicle. We would even have continued to sell him the car at the lower price. He would not have put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

I called Damien this morning to verify this situation, again I have the voice recording where he admitted he did not tell us about TVD. I asked him to explain the situation on here, or I would.

The car has six Lexus services completed at two different Lexus dealers. It’s supplied with a 12 month Lexus Reflex Warranty. The 60k service, MOT and Lexus health check was completed at Chester Lexus on the 21st of this month.

The last two owners were father and son.

Currently the cheapest RCF in the country like for like, full main dealer history, Lexus Warranty etc.

I wish you all a great day.

A2E7073D-9B59-44E6-AF2F-46E68CF66875.png

4969_LXS

You are correct the fact that lessons can be learned on both sides.  I learn something new and grow everyday, at least I try to.

Mistakes and failure = Growth.

Thank you for letting me know how much you dearest myself and my peers.  

I would suggest you are wrong, in many of your points a 60k service would cost myself the same as a retail customer. The car was not advertised with such. The person above also suggests that would be a huge benefit on such a car.

The reason cars go live ASAP is to make use of the advertising platforms which we pay £6600 per month for.

Something up rather than nothing raises anticipation and interest, proven by the fact we sell many cars before we have chance to photograph them for the website, because we price cars to be the cheapest like for like in the country (Us horrible greedy car dealers offering the cheapest cars to the public!!!)

Im not ashamed to say the advertising department is myself, the buying department is myself, the tea boy is myself, the cleaner is myself.

It appears from your comments you know little about the car industry. A time where car Part exchange values are almost the same as retail prices on Autotrader. 

The customer was never told of a £1000 price increase, here you are mistaken.

As a small business with pressures on costs and time (which you may be aware if you are a business owner) not everything is possible at the time.

Ourselves and Damien fully appreciate each other’s points of view and have had a sensible adult conversation to resolve the matter.

Kind Regards

Must dash, I’ve got a Cosworth in a 1000 pieces I wish to spend an hour or so in before work.

Dan (Detests no one without knowing them and does not make wild assumptions on a general group of people: A business man and obviously not a car enthusiast in the slightest)

You're welcome, I take it you'll learn from this little shenanigan ?

You can suggest what you want, I know I'm right. We have a difference in how we execute things, mine being the correct and logical way, yours not so much.

As others have said, this was a good laugh.

You should change your name to Benny hill after this.

have fun with your Lego Cosworth set.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 4969_LXS said:

You should change your name to Benny hill after this.

Well, this had me in bits with this mornings cuppa 😆

@Danny Hill I think this whole little facade has been fun, but somewhat unnecessary, but hey we are in the 'modern' world where we all love to get offended, seems to be the 'in' thing 😆

If the RC F is as good as you say and as cheap as you feel it is in the current market, then best of luck with the sale and hope someone snaps it up quick.

Also wish you well with your Cosworth project, BUT not feeling the tone coming from the comment. You say you've had 'adult' conversations between yourself and above customer but both joined the forum to taddle on each other, 'adult' doesn't come to mind....

Hockeyedwards I think all your points are valid, my responses were mainly aimed in jest.

Myself and Damien have agreed on a sale.

I’m far from offended for passionate about the business. I was never to taddle on him.

Have a great day

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Danny Hill said:

I have the voice recording to verify should anyone wish to listen

A lengthy response trying to set a record straight which I applaud you for especially in the tones in which you kept within. 

I must however point out that your offering to provide a voice recording of the conversation to "back up" your side of events is a no no. I just wish to remind you that sharing of these calls would be a breach of legal regulations.

Please do not share those audio files with any third parties to protect yourself, as at that point a large can of worms shall be open. Your sharing of the text message information is in a grey area but within legal capacity and no breach. 

Ive had a perusal of your stock and love your photography location. Have bookmarked for potential future purchase location 🙂 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:02 AM, Danny Hill said:

Damien did not tell us about TVD, this is a fabrication, I have the voice recording to verify should anyone wish to listen

Wtf? No legitimate business offers to give out recordings of private conversations with potential customers. You even shared a screenshot of your text conversation. Wow.

At least we know who not to buy cars from I suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob RCF said:

Wtf? No legitimate business offers to give out recordings of private conversations with potential customers. You even shared a screenshot of your text conversation. Wow.

At least we know who not to buy cars from I suppose.

And specifically joined the forum to do so... this isn't a BMW owners group! 😆

3 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

And specifically joined the forum to do so... this isn't a BMW owners group! 😆

GDPR is massive on one of the main UK BMW forums....he got off lightly here trust me. 

Anyway Danny has done a deal with Damien and all is good. Would I buy from this guy, probably not. 

18 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Would I buy from this guy, probably not. 

Couldn't help but notice a fair few "styled" VW Caddy vans on the website mixed in with the "higher" end vehicles ....obviously one less now!!