Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Range after filling up?

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

My best figure is 475 from my NX. Can anyone better this? Has to be range showing immediately after filling up.

Don’t think I can beat that. Best was about 440 miles from memory.

• Like 1

Not in an NX, but I once filled up my IS300h in France while the display was switched to kilometres and the range immediately after filling up was a little over the psychologically gratifying mark of 1,000 kilometres.

That's just about enough to get from Calais to the Mediterranean coast.

7 hours ago, paulrnx said:

My best figure is 475 from my NX. Can anyone better this? Has to be range showing immediately after filling up.

I have had 498 miles on one occasion. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i think it's to do with your latest mpg read out , if you have just had a long journey and you are reading 40 mpg your range will be greater ,however if your read out is only 32 mpg i.e round town journeys your range will be shorter when you top up ,probably rubbish just my thoughts.

1 hour ago, cidersteve said:

i think it's to do with your latest mpg read out , if you have just had a long journey and you are reading 40 mpg your range will be greater ,however if your read out is only 32 mpg i.e round town journeys your range will be shorter when you top up ,probably rubbish just my thoughts.

Yes makes sense ,  thanks 

Rather than simply looking at mpg (or kml) averages, and assuming your driving mix doesn't vary so much that the figures from one tankful to the next are not comparable, it is more fun to monitor your fuel consumption by noting increases or decreases in your full-tank range forecasts in respect of the last, perhaps with a view to setting yourself new targets.  On longer drives, in particular, I enjoy comparing decreases in my remaining range with the actual distances travelled between signposts.  If the latter are higher than the former I know I am driving economically without particularly trying.

After a lot of attempts when I drove an IS300h, I finally managed, without becoming too obsessive about it, to regularly see the magic figure of 1000km mentioned by Thackeray as my forecast full-tank range, and I would thereafter aim, usually successfully, to keep the total of the km Travelled + km Remaining Range within that figure as the tank gradually emptied (see IS300h Forum, Tank Range Targets, Feb 8, 2015, and Tank Range-Congratulations to Myself, May 22, 2015). When I got my first RC300h in 2016, I was therefore disappointed (and have remained so ever since) at being unable to get a better forecast range than 950km, which I have managed only once, 870-900km being my usual.  The RC's shortfall in respect of the IS is almost directly proportionate to the cars' weights.

I thought the full-range forecasts recorded by NX owners in this thread surprisingly low until I looked up the tank capacity, which is substantially smaller at 56 litres v. the IS and RC's 66 litres.

• Like 2

Crikey!
A lot of light footers here then. At best I'll get 350 - 375 and around 32mpg, which isn't great from reading other posts. But, for a car weighing almost two tonnes I think it's brilliant!

My last two cars didn't break 30mpg and 300 mile range, then again they were very different cars to the NX and I was much younger then 😀

I saw 364 when I brimmed the ES just outside Leicester. I do hope that improves. I think the IS was well over 400 when brimmed. Maybe after it has been driven like an old man for a while, the range will increase...

33 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

I find it interesting to see what my range is after filling up. Beyond that I’m not bothered really.

Fair enough.  Personally I find such figures boring only if I can’t influence them. 

5 minutes ago, Mincey said:

… Maybe after it has been driven like an old man for a while, the range will increase...

Substitute “not been driven like a maniac” for “driven like an old man” and I would agree.  

Was the 364 miles you saw in the ES your first tankful?  If it was, I think you’ll see a much higher figure with the next, assuming it will be a full brim-to-brim comparison and not a partial topping up.

• Like 1

Just now, Rabbers said:

Substitute “not been driven like a maniac” for “driven like an old man” and I would agree.  

Was the 364 miles you saw in the ES your first tankful?  If it was, I think you’ll see a much higher figure with the next, assuming it will be a full brim-to-brim comparison and not a partial topping up.

Yes, that was straight from the dealer to the nearest filling station. I generally brim it each time I fill up so let's see - I'm definitely hoping for a better figure next time 😁

21 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Fair enough.  Personally I find such figures boring only if I can’t influence them. 

But my range after filling up is directly influenced by me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links