Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mine's a 2010 250-C in slightly-purple dark blue.

I'm blowed if I can find the paint code sticker. The several hundred pages of manual cover about everything from wheel balancing to speech recognition but don't tell me the paint code.

Can anyone help me locate?

Thanks guys.

The colour code is 9AL, a bit of a rarity. I'll see if my Lexus dealership can supply a touch-up stick unless there are any other suggestions.

Note. Different countries seem to have different Names for the same Code so always use the code and not the name for any reference.

Not wanting to steal your thread but I have a memory in the recesses of my mind. I remember a scratch touch up system which consisted of strips of adhesive paint, sellotape like, the size and thickness of medical sterri-strips, which were applied over the scratch and buffed in. Does anyone else remember these?

Gawdnbennet yes I remember seeing them advertised on TV donkeys years ago. Don't think they lasted long as I don't think they worked that well. 

Well, the upshot is that Lexus do not supply the colour 9AL as a touch-up stick. It's only for a slightly scratched door-mirror cowling so no big deal.

Given enough time, I'm sure I'll think of something 😁

8 minutes ago, Mike246 said:

Well, the upshot is that Lexus do not supply the colour 9AL as a touch-up stick. It's only for a slightly scratched door-mirror cowling so no big deal.

Given enough time, I'm sure I'll think of something 😁

eBay item number:

Mike,

Well spotted and thanks.

I had found that and the colour is promoted as '9AL Deep Garnet'. I'm not sure if my dark blue/slightly purple paintwork qualifies as this but it's worth a fiver to find out. I'll order it and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 12:04 PM, Mike246 said:

Mike,

Well spotted and thanks.

I had found that and the colour is promoted as '9AL Deep Garnet'. I'm not sure if my dark blue/slightly purple paintwork qualifies as this but it's worth a fiver to find out. I'll order it and see what happens.

DID IT WORK?

The paint arrived in a very small bottle. It looked the right colour (blue, not garnet red).

In the event my handy DIY neighbour managed to polish the scratch out so I didn't need to use the paint.