Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Best Car Song

dutchie01

2 hours ago, Chris111 said:

Sorry to be pedantic Phil but that is a Creedance Clearwater Revival recording not a John Fogarty solo (he did write it though). Great song, good choice👍

You remind me of one of my most inspirational authors Paul Coelho who wrote " But tormented souls have this incredible ability to recognize and approach one another, thus compounding their grief.
Why hadn't I noticed this in him? Why did I see only the superficial way he talked about politics or the pedantic way he tasted the wine? 

Yes it is true to say it was originally recorded as CCR but not since the 70's when JF took his songbook and went home. Since then he continues to perform the song as John Fogarty and his band. On the question of pedantic issues I will admit to typing the letter l twice rather than once in Travelin 😱

Am making a playlist of songs proposed in this thread (despite being distracted by my failure to fathom the connection between tormented souls, pedantry, and Paul [sic] Coelho).

The absence of classic Chuck Berry numbers from the thread is surprising.  No other artists' repertoires included so many car-themed songs.  Admittedly the lyrics are somewhat dated but, like the muscle cars concerned, deserving of a trip down memory lane.

1 hour ago, Rabbers said:

Am making a playlist of songs proposed in this thread (despite being distracted by my failure to fathom the connection between tormented souls, pedantry, and Paul [sic] Coelho).

The absence of classic Chuck Berry numbers from the thread is surprising.  No other artists' repertoires included so many car-themed songs.  Admittedly the lyrics are somewhat dated but, like the muscle cars concerned, deserving of a trip down memory lane.

O, I see you prefer the O version to be linguistically correct 😎