Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I'm hoping to get a UX250H Takumi late this year or early next. I want a white headlining and according to https://lexus.turtl.co/story/13503803_lexus-ux-250h_price-list/page/4/1 the only two options are rich cream and ochre seats. But there are photos of Takumis with rich cream seats and black headlining. If I can't find a suitable car in stock and have to order a car, is it possible to specify the headlining colour or if you can only specify the seat colour can I be sure to get the headlining colour specified in the price list?

With the cream leather it’s a cream headliner. I can take a picture on mine if it would be helpful. Also with the Takumi you have the glass roof the cars interior is really bright. My first UX had the Premium Plus pack so I could have this exact same cream leather light bright option, stayed with it on my new Takumi.

Thanks @Richard1200that confirms what I thought should be the case. My concern was raised by, for example, Lexus Ipswich who have a Takumi with what appears to be cream seats with a black headlining. But looking again I now think the seats are white ash which according to the price list would have a black headlining. White ash seats have a dark stripe across the backrest whereas cream seats don't.

How do you find cream leather? Do they quickly get dirty and are they easy to clean? I often wear jeans and I wonder if the blue die would rub off on the seats. My last few cars have had black leather seats which hardly ever needed cleaning and I'm getting increasingly lazy!

Silver Lexus UX 250h 2(1).PDF

3 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

How do you find cream leather? Do they quickly get dirty and are they easy to clean? I often wear jeans and I wonder if the blue die would rub off on the seats. My last few cars have had black leather seats which hardly ever needed cleaning and I'm getting increasingly lazy!

I have cream leather (ochre) seats in my NX and after 3.5 years and 28000 miles they still look like new! I give them a quick wipe with leather cleaner every 3 or 4 months. You do get a little rub off from clothing but nothing significant. Cream upholstery really lifts the interior especially with the pano roof. 

Thanks @Ken R it's really good to know that the Lexus cream seats stand up well. I like the appearance of the cream leather but would also like to see the brown ochre interior of a UX. Hopefully when I'm in a position to get a UX at the end of this year/beginning of next the chip supply situation will have eased and factory order delivery times will be reasonable. If not, I may need to accept a stock car which at present would seem more likely to have cream seats.

I only did 8000 miles in my 1st UX but that was 30 months of short journeys, so lots of getting in and out. Once or twice I wiped the side edge of the seat on my side and the arm rest where I pulled the door closed. The leather is very durable, you will not be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Roger Bill said:

Thanks @Ken R it's really good to know that the Lexus cream seats stand up well. I like the appearance of the cream leather but would also like to see the brown ochre interior of a UX. Hopefully when I'm in a position to get a UX at the end of this year/beginning of next the chip supply situation will have eased and factory order delivery times will be reasonable. If not, I may need to accept a stock car which at present would seem more likely to have cream seats.

My ochre takumi UX.

DSC_0877.JPG

DSC_0876.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope this is the same with the F-Sport models, as I was unable to get a straight answer from my dealer. My F-Sport Premium Pro is all-black inside, so I ordered my new F-Sport Takumi with the "Ivory" interior. I'm hoping I'll be getting the white headliner with that one too...

Nick

4 hours ago, EvilRacer329 said:

I hope this is the same with the F-Sport models, as I was unable to get a straight answer from my dealer. My F-Sport Premium Pro is all-black inside, so I ordered my new F-Sport Takumi with the "Ivory" interior. I'm hoping I'll be getting the white headliner with that one too...

Nick

If the configurator pictures on lexus.co.uk are correct, the headlining appears to be black for all F Sport seat colours.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 10:16 PM, Roger Bill said:

If the configurator pictures on lexus.co.uk are correct, the headlining appears to be black for all F Sport seat colours.

Saw my car on saturday prior to collection this coming weekend - can confirm the F-Sport has a dark headliner. Sad face...but I'll live...

Nick