Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 minutes ago, Silkmen said:

I drive different routes each week and average between 220-240 miles regardless of which fuel I use.

My driving style probably doesn't help either.

I drive same route regularly 600miles… 95% of route is motorways and dual so max national speed limits.. with a few extra plus’s on that 😂 and 1st refuel is 340miles away which generally has left me with 11mls in tank regardless what unleaded fuel i use… I’ve always used the cheap supermarket fuel, and when i say cheap i mean the price not quality… hasn’t effected any of my cars using supermarket 95….. E10 hasn’t effected my Performance or mpg either, 

i drive in sports s mode all the time,I’ve never used girlie ECO or boring Normal, 

my driving style is akin to if I’ve just stolen it 😂 

average mpg on a spiritive 600ml drive in sports s and valves open on exhaust system is in the low 30s best Ive ever had on exact same trip was 35.6 but a hour slower on arrival time to my normal times

these cars are more suited to 70mph plus for best mpg figures

driving around town its a serious gas guzzler, on motorway for a 5ltr V8 these are amazing

8 minutes ago, mr2lad said:

I drive same route regularly 600miles… 95% of route is motorways and dual so max national speed limits.. with a few extra plus’s on that 😂 and 1st refuel is 340miles away which generally has left me with 11mls in tank regardless what unleaded fuel i use… I’ve always used the cheap supermarket fuel, and when i say cheap i mean the price not quality… hasn’t effected any of my cars using supermarket 95….. E10 hasn’t effected my Performance or mpg either, 

i drive in sports s mode all the time,I’ve never used girlie ECO or boring Normal, 

my driving style is akin to if I’ve just stolen it 😂 

average mpg on a spiritive 600ml drive in sports s and valves open on exhaust system is in the low 30s best Ive ever had on exact same trip was 35.6 but a hour slower on arrival time to my normal times

these cars are more suited to 70mph plus for best mpg figures

driving around town its a serious gas guzzler, on motorway for a 5ltr V8 these are amazing

Just wish I had a reason to drive 600 miles per week myself....

certainly reduced my mileage these past few weeks relying on the existing tankfull to get me through BUT now all is well on the refuelling front in my neck of the woods ....  Sheppey in Kent

Filled up a couple of times now and using her as before thankfully

Its a 1995 Ls400 with 234k miles  ..  only ever used standard unleaded 95 octane until it became E10 95 and a few fill-ups on that these past couple of months and now on advice from this forum I'm only using E5 unleaded and that seems to vary between 97 or 99 octane

Too early to worry about mpg ........... not that I ever did much anyway ............  kickdown is still brilliant in PWR mode .......  not noticed any difference there for sure ......  good 'ol 4ltr V8 eh :yahoo:

Malc

7 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Esso 99 (no ethanol) has given me around 40 miles extra per tank on day to day driving. Having driven the same roads for 2 years to work, had a fairly good gauge of what a tank would get me mile wise and after swapping to Esso 99 the difference was noted. Performance wise, couldn't comment either way. Also not stating any science behind my opinion, just stating what I noticed and do I think the price difference is worth the extra miles... 🤷‍♂️

Had also watched a youtube video from Bamford Rose regarding fuel (a little while back admittedly) and was an informative watch.

I agree that Esso fuel is very good, only problem I have is the price of my local Esso fuel. Call me tight but I just buy Sainsbury's premium and get my points on the card.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I agree that Esso fuel is very good, only problem I have is the price of my local Esso fuel. Call me tight but I just buy Sainsbury's premium and get my points on the card.

I’m pretty sure Esso now supply Sainsbury’s, used to be BP…….hence nectar cards accepted in Esso garages now…….only time I ever run cheaper grade fuel is when abroad, don’t think I’ll ever put E10 in my F or my bike, when n if super if ever fazed out I’ll be adding an additive to it.

10 hours ago, Womble72 said:

I’m pretty sure Esso now supply Sainsbury’s, used to be BP…….hence nectar cards accepted in Esso garages now…….only time I ever run cheaper grade fuel is when abroad, don’t think I’ll ever put E10 in my F or my bike, when n if super if ever fazed out I’ll be adding an additive to it.

Didn't realise that BP had stopped supplying Sainsbury's I'll have to check the E content label when I next fill up with their super unleaded. With the F cars running both types of fuel deliver cycles I work on the principle they are okay. 

I've always run my IS-F on Premium 95RON unleaded as that's what it's designed for and so the only effect of buying super was higher fuel bills.  But now that the premium unleaded has all changed to E10 I've switched to E5 super unleaded because once you factor in the MPG loss of E10 (due to the higher ethanol/lower petrol content) the cost per mile of premium/super is roughly the same, and so it's basically just a case of "do you want you car to go further per tank or not" 😛

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Filled up at Sainsbury's today with E5 super at £1.37 per litre, soon be gone though.

Everywhere close to me has E10 only, sad times! LS won't be getting driven again until I can guarantee E5 or better. GS will have to suck it up for a bit on E10 😞

I have used momentum99(and occasionally v power when near a shell station)in my IS250 f sport for the last 5 years and previously did so in my IS200 sport and equally do so in my mums audi a2 that I have now inherited,makes for slightly better mpg and smoother drive so well worth the extra 5p a litre for me anyway 😊👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links