Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hi All

Hoping for advice.

I have Lexus Is220d 2007 model. Recently something is draining my Battery but i have no idea what it is. Local garage checked drain, confirmed a significant drain on Battery. Suggested i find auto electrician. After numerous online searches not able to find auto electrician in local area. Any ideas what may cause a drain or even a good auto electrician in Wolverhampton area.

Thanks for any advice

 

Kully

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Could be the alternator, have you tested to see what the alternator is putting into the battery.

Hi 

Thanks for your prompt response. I believe the AA did a test to rule the alternator out. I'm not no clued up on technical stuff so was looking for an reliable auto electrician to diagnose issue once and for all. Reading many posts online with Battery drain issues on lexus is220d

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Is the boot light going out, its surprizing how little bulbs drain. Do you have any led bulbs, brake lights or the like.

Just reading about boot light will check that tomorrow 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, kullyb said:

Just reading about boot light will check that tomorrow 

 

Apparently if you lower the rear centre armrest you can unzip the cover behind to access the boot and see if the light is on.

Or just put your phone in video record mode, stick it in the boot and close it then play it back to see if the light goes out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Apparently if you lower the rear centre armrest you can unzip the cover behind to access the boot and see if the light is on.

Or just put your phone in video record mode, stick it in the boot and close it then play it back to see if the light goes out.

Hi

Definitely not the boot light as i have it in off position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Is the boot light going out, its surprizing how little bulbs drain. Do you have any led bulbs, brake lights or the like.

Just checked boot light definitely not that as i have it in off position permanent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're not very good with technical stuff this may be too much for you but it's the best video I've seen on how to tackle this problem:

EDIT - Just looking in your area and one or two companies come up:

D & R Starters
Unit 3 Astra Industrial Estate, Cable St, Wolverhampton WV2 2RJ
01902 871600
They score 5/5 stars from 65 Google Reviews

Another one is http://www.vehicleelectricalservices.co.uk/services.html They also score 5/5 but only one review.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Herbie said:

If you're not very good with technical stuff this may be too much for you but it's the best video I've seen on how to tackle this problem:

EDIT - Just looking in your area and one or two companies come up:

D & R Starters
Unit 3 Astra Industrial Estate, Cable St, Wolverhampton WV2 2RJ
01902 871600
They score 5/5 stars from 65 Google Reviews

Another one is http://www.vehicleelectricalservices.co.uk/services.html They also score 5/5 but only one review.

 

 

Hi Herbie 

Thanks for your research 

The first 1 i spoke to they don't do electrical diagnosis although the name would  suggest otherwise

 

The 2nd i did not come across  so will look further into  them

 

Lexus charging 150 an hour which cannot justify for such an old car

Thanks again

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kullyb said:

Lexus charging 150 an hour which cannot justify for such an old car

I completely agree and also I've always thought that the best job is done by the specialist in the subject, i.e. mechanic for mechanical work, aircon specialist for aircon work, auto electrician for auto electrical work and so on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I completely agree and also I've always thought that the best job is done by the specialist in the subject, i.e. mechanic for mechanical work, aircon specialist for aircon work, auto electrician for auto electrical work and so on.

The second contact above are not answering but found a guy in Stafford had a good chat charges half what lexus charging just need to get car to him somehow

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership