Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for a CT! Any tips?

diabolik

Hi chaps

I've been lurking the forums for a while - reading, learning and what not. I've just been collecting more and more information about the CT before I make the hit. Hopefully, a worthy upgrade from my '04 Jazz.

I have tried to figure out if the piston and piston rings were revised in 2015 as they did in the USA since both cars were made at the same factory in Japan. Unfortunately, Lexus (all branches) were incapable of responding to that question, heck even a Lexus UK Dealer Mechanic ignored me on facebook. But life goes on, I didn't manage to find one single issue regarding the CT dreaded head gasket issue anyway. That seems to be a USA problem, perhaps given by the fact they do on average way more miles than us commuting.

There is an interesting chap that works as a Courier in Texas, he managed to do 660k miles at this point with his '14 CT. He did countless of topics and I managed to put that all together in an interesting summary document if you guys want to take a look.

Before I jump on the market and see all sorts of CTs, I have managed to get to test drive one in London last weekend for 24h. A '13 pre-facelift CT with 137k that was going strong with no issues whatsoever. I was literally baffled when I opened the bonnet, the car had literally a thick layer of dust - unseen by me in any other cars. I could've taken this as a bad sign but it was a rental. I took it as a positive thing actually - that car never required under bonnet work after so many miles. I'm sold, I want it.

So let's get serious now. My question for ya' all would be - what do you think I should look when buying a new CT? At the moment, I aim for '14 or '15+ if possible. Advanced, Luxury or Premier but I would kill for ML Speakers and Sunroof.

In end - well.. I might've overthinked this but hey it's my first, shall I say serious? car compared to the rusty Jazz I own, the 206 '05 and '04 Clio I had in the past.

Cheers,

Dan.

Courier CT.docx

• Like 1

Most expensive single item in a CT is the hybrid Battery. Finding one where the warranty is in place as long as needed for the budget can be something to consider.

We did not buy from Lexus and still have a perfect car. Bought it before the 5 years warranty was gone and went to have it serviced to keep hybrid Battery warranty. We service at Lexus/Toyota as they hopefully know more about the cars than most other service places.

The CT is one of the most reliable cars and having had a lot of cars costing several times more, we consider a CT a perfect choice if not needing a bigger car. Fuel economy is not as Lexus promise, but that is the same with all other companies: they all promise that a car can drive much longer then they can in real life.

• Like 1

Ours has been ultra reliable over the years we have owned it, no faults whatsoever, just service items.

Suspension tends to be on the firm side and the CVT is not a boy racer tool but apart from that hard to fault.

I think the facelift grill adds a bit to the looks and probably adding a Lexus catlock might be wise.

Got it already 🙂

Snatched a good deal from the Isle of Man. Now I gotta register the CT lady in the UK.

MOT done & DVLA Paperwork done.

This thing is best compared to Jazz I had. I do not regret.

Excellent little car, very well built, super comfortable seats and refinement, cheap to run.  Definitely go for post 14 facelift model for better ride which is still sporty and feels well connected with the road, in slight contrast to my LS600! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links