Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi new member

David 005

Have just purchased a lc500 sport plus 2018 from a main dealer however something significant arose and after deliberation  the vehicle was returned. Hands up to the main  dealer they where straightforward in their approach and honourable not sure it would have been same if non franchise. However back on the hunt again for as best an example I can get in sonic red or white really thought I had the right one. Anyone know of one perhaps being exchanged etc thanks 

Wow,thats unfortunate. Assume you mean the car was faulty.

There are a number of used ones currently on the Lexus dealer website in red so should be fairly easy to get sorted if you are happy to travel or remote buy.
Good luck.

A J.

Sorry to hear of the problem and the consequence, especially given the car wasn't that old. As AJ says above, you should be able to find one within Lexus and your preference for red or white is for the most popular colours, albeit right now there are quite a few dark ones for sale. Not quite sure how the market is in NI, but seems fairly steady here in mainland UK, with typically 15 to 20 cars at any one time. I can't be completely sure, but it does seem as if prices have dropped a little over the last few weeks, and I wonder whether that is because summer is done and dusted. Obviously a good time to buy if that is the case.

Hope you get sorted soonest.

Brian,

As a saddo who looks at the available stock very regularly,I agree that prices have certainly stopped hardening if maybe not dropped.My take is end of season scenario.In the past week I detected at least 4 main dealer cars sold,which is pretty good for this model.The older cars in the early to mid 50s are a great buy especially with the new Lexus 10 year warranty package.

A J.

2 hours ago, AJ500 said:

Brian,

As a saddo who looks at the available stock very regularly,I agree that prices have certainly stopped hardening if maybe not dropped.My take is end of season scenario.In the past week I detected at least 4 main dealer cars sold,which is pretty good for this model.The older cars in the early to mid 50s are a great buy especially with the new Lexus 10 year warranty package.

A J.

Hello A.J.

It's alright to be a saddo , we can keep each other company! Entirely agree with you that there is at last a reasonable turn over, with new stock coming and going on a greater frequency than might have been the case a month or two ago. Still can't understand why there aren't more being sold in the first place, given the universal accolades they receive from the motoring press.

Lc 500s  have went up last 6 /8 weeks I've been tracking last three months missed two real good ones thought I had got the best available however turned out disappointing necissating rejection the benefit of main dealer did help. Temped now to sit until the right comes along being in ni there are only literally only a few at most so have to travel to source. The whole rejection thing can be daunting glad now I did as it would have cost me big time going forward.

I looked on and off for 4-6 months and I know what you mean. I got very lucky with mine because it was a Head Office marketing car and they just delivered it to my local dealer once I'd paid a deposit. So I didn't have to travel far! I bought it 'unseen' but I knew it was going to be fine, so I didn't feel I was taking a risk. (It only had 4100 miles on it). Don't forget to check the official Lexus used list as well as Autotrader, etc: there are cars that appear on one but not the other.......

11 hours ago, David 005 said:

Lc 500s  have went up last 6 /8 weeks I've been tracking last three months missed two real good ones thought I had got the best available however turned out disappointing necissating rejection the benefit of main dealer did help..........

If you don't mind me asking David, what was wrong with the car, was it cosmetics or mechanical? I ask because as you can probably pick up this particular forum, there seems to be very few "issues" with these cars. This really ought to be the case, given even the oldest of the type can only be circa 4.5 years old, so I, for one, am intrigued as to what could have been the problem.

• Like 1

I purchased it following several videos detailed walk rounds. 18 plate turned out to have been painted entire front and half doors but incredibly badly done of u seen pictures it is horrific. 

David .......  that's amazing the main Dealer didn't be " honest " up-front ........ all these buy now and put your trust in them, Cazoo etc .. delivered to your door etc, sight unseen at purchase ......  got to be so so careful eh !

wonder what   their   rejection rates are ??

Hope your search proves fruitful.........  good luck

Malc

Good grief, that's really disappointing given it was from a dealer. With the best will in the world, we as buyers have practically no hope of seeing imperfections via a video or photography. As you said earlier, sit tight and take your time, a good example will turn up.

If there is anything good to say it is that being a main dealer purchase it was a straightforward rejection with no explanation having said only an apology, still cost me £800 in expenses. And a lot unnecessary hassle. How it passed the extensive lexus check prior to sale I can't explain. Lesson learnt measure twice cut once

I’ve just bought the white 67 plate Sport plus from non Lexus dealer in Kent.

I have been abroad, so i haven’t seen it in the flesh other than a video, so this story is a bit of a worry.

However I had insisted it was serviced at a main dealer (fr relax scheme) and also insisted on seeing the health check report which is done as part of the service. I also rang the dealer Tunbridge Wells to check on it. Brakes will need doing in a year but otherwise report was all green.

On the bodywork front the vendor said in writing  it hadn’t been in any accidents so if I find it has then they’ve inadvertently committed fraud.

Will be picking it up this week, so will update on condition.

….better be fackin perfick….

🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

I’ve just bought the white 67 plate Sport plus from non Lexus dealer in Kent......

They seem to have very good reviews, albeit there is one that not so. Fingers crossed for you and hopefully all will be good.

22 hours ago, David 005 said:

I purchased it following several videos detailed walk rounds. 18 plate turned out to have been painted entire front and half doors but incredibly badly done of u seen pictures it is horrific. 

thats shocking

On 10/8/2021 at 3:01 PM, David 005 said:

David, if you believe that the videos did not accurately reflect the true condition of the vehicle, then you might consider that an apology for the misrepresentation is not adequate compensation.  This is particularly egregious as it’s committed by a main dealer and reflects badly on the brand.

For example, surely something as major as virtually half the car being resprayed might warrant a mention in the description?

You might consider a registered letter to the owner of the dealership, headed ‘Without Prejudice’, citing misrepresentation and detailing your dissatisfaction and the costs that you have incurred and requesting compensation.

Just a thought….

• Like 1

Worse than all of this, as soon as it reached the dealer it was back advertised again in minutes prob the next guy gal may not pick up on it but it is obvious. With the shortage of cars prices are premium dealers struggling to get stock but to drop the ball on a premium brand not good if I was to write to anyone it would be lexus uk 

I have the Reg L500C VB   The B on the plate looks like a 8 i.e. V8  with plates totally legal surplus on a certificate I would sell for half of what I paid plates included £250