Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Lexus Stratocaster....

Mincey

Not impressed with that strat. To me it's no comparison to the White strat associated with Ritchie Blackmore. Got bored reading about the blue one, stopped after the video 

Looking for an electric bass I would choose this:

Used Kramer The Duke 4-String Headless Bass Guitar - Black

Not that I would, I was playing tenor- and baritone-sax plus flute. Still think the double bass is superior, only impossible to transport, but the amp

and loudspeakers makes an electric difficult to transport too.

34 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Looking for an electric bass I would choose this:

Used Kramer The Duke 4-String Headless Bass Guitar - Black

Not that I would, I was playing tenor- and baritone-sax plus flute. Still think the double bass is superior, only impossible to transport, but the amp

and loudspeakers makes an electric difficult to transport too.

Very similar to my trusty Hohner B2A Steinberger clone 🙂

That certainly looks like a fine instrument.

Today amps and loudspeakers are so good that electric bass is sounding more or less as good as an old-fashioned double bass; even to me. Still fretless are able to make different sliding sounds and take melodies into different scales without sounding out of tune. My favourite bass player is Niels Henning Ørsted Pedersen (R.I.P.), in electric it is Entwistle.

17 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

That certainly looks like a fine instrument.

Today amps and loudspeakers are so good that electric bass is sounding more or less as good as an old-fashioned double bass; even to me. Still fretless are able to make different sliding sounds and take melodies into different scales without sounding out of tune. My favourite bass player is Niels Henning Ørsted Pedersen (R.I.P.), in electric it is Entwistle.

Entwistle is a God. Check out Colin Hodgkinson too - he taught Stanley Clark most of what he knows. Amps today are tiny compared to what I used in the 80's. Compare a Marshall JCM head to a Trace Elliot Elf, and I'd rather lug my Trace Elliot 2x8 cab around to gigs instead of my Marshall 8x10. Two 2x8s can handle the same power more or less in far less bulk. 

I wouldn’t buy one unless I already had a matching Structural Blue LC.  I would then learn to play it, but worry about it taking up at least half of my boot space.