Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

thought i would share this as i thought it might be useful for others.

Driving back from Birmingham the other night i was greeted with lots of lovely warning lights, after several hours of research I hoped I had found the issue and happy to report I was correct, took the car to a local tyre shop, had the tracking done and BOOM! All lights are gone!

clocks.jpg

41 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Lucky you to know what VSC means. Can you please explain to some that does not know?

VSC - Vehicle Stability Control (which your handbook or Google would have told you :thumbsup: )

7 minutes ago, Herbie said:

VSC - Vehicle Stability Control (which your handbook or Google would have told you :thumbsup: )

Hi Herbs or should I call you John?

Handbook tell so many things and they are spread out in strange patterns so finding a logical meaning with it all can be time consuming.

What I did not understand is, what that has to do with visiting a tyre shop.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Hi Herbs or should I call you John?

My 'official' name is John but my nickname of Herbie was coined when I was about 9 years old and has stuck like glue all through my life, so much so that even my own parents used to call me Herbie. In fact, if anyone does use John I often don't realise they're talking to me, but either will do :laughing:

17 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

What I did not understand is, what that has to do with visiting a tyre shop.

Badly aligned wheels/tyres can cause premature wear and other things that could result in the car not being as stable on the road as it should be, hence the VSC warning was activated.

• Thanks 1

If we start speaking with each other with 2 or 3 letters instead of 2 or 3 words we could end up misunderstanding each other completely. Such will be interpretated different in different places in the world. But of course - not in UK.

22 hours ago, Twellsie said:

spoke to soon, the lights are back

What was the weather like?……my daily lights up like a Christmas tree, worse in wet weather and it’s the ABS sensor that’s on its way out……worth a try 🤞🏻

On 10/7/2021 at 5:19 PM, Womble72 said:

What was the weather like?……my daily lights up like a Christmas tree, worse in wet weather and it’s the ABS sensor that’s on its way out……worth a try 🤞🏻

i think you could be right, taken it out in the dry today and its fine, they are relatively inexpensive, so will get a set and bang them in when i change the pads

• Like 1