Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2012 GS PASSENGER SIDE DOOR MIRRORS

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm whether or not  this function on  passenger side door mirrors can be adjusted in all planes by remote button on driver's side or is this function on nearside restricted to vertical adjustment( up/down) only.  I was involved in a  minor carpark shunt yesterday where an SUV manoeuvering out of a parking bay reversed broadside into me

At the time, there was no obvious damage to the mirror, but I later discovered  remote function operated solely on the vertical plane and horizontal adjustment is by coarse manual operation. I can't remember if this was always the case, and hand book is not entirely clear on the subject showing illustration of driver's side only. 

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for your input. Follow up query - Is it likely that mirrror mechanism could be repairable ?- (housing is entirely unscathed in incident)

I Imagine it would be more costly to buy & fit new replacement assembly ?

35 minutes ago, MIZEEKS said:

Thanks to everyone for your input. Follow up query - Is it likely that mirrror mechanism could be repairable ?- (housing is entirely unscathed in incident)

I Imagine it would be more costly to buy & fit new replacement assembly ?

Hi

I had a similar issue with a previous vehicle. It ended up that the mirror had become displaced slightly from the adjustment mechanism behind it. When I took the mirror off, the adjusters worked on both Axis's. Lets just say several hours of toil, ignorance and swearing managed to get it back relocated!!

Good luck.