Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Essential Care Servicing - Discontinued?

AFlex

I have been getting my 10+ year old Lexus serviced each year at the main dealer for the last few years, using the essential care service option which was very price competitive.

Having tried to book this year's service with my local dealer, I've been informed that they are no longer offering this as an option!

Has anyone else heard of this? Does anyone know if this is across the whole of Lexus or is it just specific dealerships?

I guess it may potentially be related to this new free warranty they are giving with their services. In which case, it makes no sense for anyone to get a service for a 10 year old vehicle because you don't benefit from the free warranty, yet still have to pay the same price!

It's the whole range, country-wide.

I had already stopped taking my car to the dealership since 2019, but would've considered using them again for my most recent service had the Essential program still been in operation, since it was only a minor one and would been  a reasonable price.

Not now though since it'll be £300 minimum.

• Like 1

I asked about the essential service recently as my car is now 5+ years old.  Lexus Cheltenham told me that this is no longer available.  Furthermore, they would no longer give a discount to 'Gold Members' on the standard service charges which have increased no doubt due to the extended warranty now given with each service.  It's nice to have a book full of Lexus stamps but maybe there comes a time where one has to consider the value of this and the restricted warranty provided compared with the lower cost of service by an indy.

• Like 1

Thanks for the confirmation guys. It's a big shame.

I guess Lexus wasn't making enough profit on their servicing since this is probably one of the big money spinners for most dealerships (On newer cars, they must be laughing all the way to the bank - change the oil, top up coolant and shine a torch on a few bushings and charge the customer £500 :yahoo:) But at £150 or whatever the minor essential price was, you can see how their profit margins could quickly be eroded.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Covid lockdowns and safety procedures have put a real dent in most dealerships' profits and they needed to take major action to get back on track.

Irony is, I'm sure they will lose many customers of cars that are 5 years and older, as the percentage price increase is huge. Looks like I need to find a new indie I can trust.

I recently had mine serviced at the local Toyota dealer for half the price. Unfortunately they can’t or won’t carry out the hybrid check, they also couldn’t re programme a tyre sensor only Lexus can do that. Used Carista to do that and I will live with the hybrid check. 

Like Barry14uk I suffered the same fate yesterday at Lexus Derby. No Goldcard discount on 8 year service or on cost of new front brake discs and pads. Was not informed of this development until settling the invoice. It was explained that that with the new Relax program the dealer has to contribute £30 on each service to the Relax scheme so that leaves them with less to play with in offering discounts. Explained I have extended warranty so did not need Relax but without success. A further example of the unexpected consequences of  Relax.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links