Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowest mileage IS250 in UK?

I saw a lovely red IS250 in Waitrose carpark today, and being nosey I looked it up. Reg number A11YEO 2006 with less than 11k! The reason I was curious is a friend has the name Yeo but it wasn't them!

Yes very low mileage for a car of its age just over 700 miles a year won't be many of these about .I had a Mitsubishi in the past with a YEO number not that one ,out of interest YEO originates from Barrow in furness ,just round the corner from me ,old style identifier A 1983 

Dave

• Like 1

Not to be a party pooper but….

when I was looking for my 250 back in 2017 a certain south coast dealer who gets through a lot of 250’s had an early one with about 12,000 on it IIRC, I travelled to stand in front on it and it was a proper let down, loose front bumper ( for reasons unknown) and serious swirl marks in the black paint, I walked away but someone ( who did post on here later ) bought it sight unseen and upon delivery was well unimpressed and passed it on I think! So mileage is only one part of a good overall car!

50 minutes ago, Texas said:

Not to be a party pooper but….

when I was looking for my 250 back in 2017 a certain south coast dealer who gets through a lot of 250’s had an early one with about 12,000 on it IIRC, I travelled to stand in front on it and it was a proper let down, loose front bumper ( for reasons unknown) and serious swirl marks in the black paint, I walked away but someone ( who did post on here later ) bought it sight unseen and upon delivery was well unimpressed and passed it on I think! So mileage is only one part of a good overall car!

I can concur that some lowish 250's i came across were fairly average. Garaged examples seems to be the best of the lot.

Mine is a low mile, garaged example and the only thing I found is some strange paint corrosion on the wiper arms, both seems professionally corrected.

The main keys to the mint condition were 1. Car garaged from new 2. The lady who owned it was well-off and allowed the local dealership to 'manage' the service regime. Nothing was spared when it came to maintenance (including Lexus not servicing the rear calipers, as they do).

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2021 at 5:00 PM, The-Acre said:

I saw a lovely red IS250 in Waitrose carpark today, and being nosey I looked it up. Reg number A11YEO 2006 with less than 11k! The reason I was curious is a friend has the name Yeo but it wasn't them!

That's insane, I though mine was mad for having only 50k on the clock.