Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So, I've been meaning to change the wood trim gear knob on my GS430 to the regular leather one found in the GS300.

I ordered a brand new OEM one from Amayama and it is lovely, haven't fitted it yet:

29xR8X0eXvZXk_xAgMSDXAxbEHeWeyHeEAt6bk-rb1fb7AvOM_KiPelUTCA0mA3rAzqS_vaOidAPTfx_IrTk909-A2029PrjyN2HbqkvSaxJFBLQXylkJFzy

I'll store the original one and I also plan to change the steering wheel to a full Black leather one.

The GS430 wooden ' section' steering wheel does not feel nice in the hand at all!

Will post a pic once fitted.

Whereas I keep thinking about the reverse. Replacing my Grey Leather Gear Knob for one of those Chinese leather and wood (?) examples.  Haven't seen one with Grey leather each side of the Peach wood (?) GuessI could paint the Leather Grey. Have got some paint in the Garage. Mottled in appearance unlikely to look shabby.

3 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Whereas I keep thinking about the reverse. Replacing my Grey Leather Gear Knob for one of those Chinese leather and wood (?) examples.  Haven't seen one with Grey leather each side of the Peach wood (?) GuessI could paint the Leather Grey. Have got some paint in the Garage. Mottled in appearance unlikely to look shabby.

I'm not keen on some aftermarket gear knobs. 

Considering you use it all the time when driving, it's important that it's good quality. 

I had a chance to change it last night, being such a simple job.

Before:

DTuZhZsjVgE7q1nTmL_FCl1QIkk9W_u-BiLodGOsXs5yY0j-_txz6Sr9ylD_xwSUUgM50_8kIWuUZY0B

After:

iYQtquAn9M-skhSo15l8wBGJ5LXNzZsnKkqSIwNm2hsI0gjadizwllLh8OAhyIw9gFDYAxPySVvmhb7y

In my opinion, it's made a modern and subtle difference and was well worth it from an aesthetic point of view. It'll pay off further with the new feel of leather too.

Talking of knobs, I remember buying an aluminium Momo gear knob for my first IS to replace the plastic abomination it had fitted by standard. Sadly my Engineering skills, despite having a B.Eng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering, were not up to the task. I think it's still up in the loft.

Taking the subject of knobs even further, is there an aftermarket replacement for the volume knob in an ES? The standard one seems very toy-like. A nice aluminium one would look far better IMHO.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, Mincey said:

Talking of knobs, I remember buying an aluminium Momo gear knob for my first IS to replace the plastic abomination it had fitted by standard. Sadly my Engineering skills, despite having a B.Eng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering, were not up to the task. I think it's still up in the loft.

Taking the subject of knobs even further, is there an aftermarket replacement for the volume knob in an ES? The standard one seems very toy-like. A nice aluminium one would look far better IMHO.

A have an Aluminium volume knob from an old Sharp music centre if of any use. internal diameter of push on is 6mm. Exterior 30mm. protrusion 16mm.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links