Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie - Considering ISF

1 hour ago, d3ron said:

These threads make me think I should sell my usb isf whilst there's demand. 

These threads make me think I should hang onto my usb isf forever. 

🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm just thankful I own an F car and have experienced one before they ultimately become very expensive to own! There's nothing I'll change my car for, but there are lots of things I can do to it to make it more fun 😈

17 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Full lexus history just a tad over 72000miles had water pump done a few years ago had the radiator checked doesn't need it as no corrosion as yet pm if interested. 

The corrosion occurs internally, so it cant be visually inspected or so I was told by Lexus.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, C.B said:

The corrosion occurs internally, so it cant be visually inspected or so I was told by Lexus.

Yes the corrosion between the transmission cooling lines and the rad itself happens internally. I was told the same by Lexus when I approached them about how I'd diagnose if I needed to replace the rad on my GS. I was told to stick to a 10 year cycle for the rad unless it required it earlier (damage to the outside, etc). 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

Really that's not what I've read in threads 

Mine looked fine on the outside, I should of taken the unit home and cut it up as there wasn’t any corrosion that was of any concern…… like others I did it a precaution rather than needing…….very expensive to rectify after the event 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Mine looked fine on the outside, I should of taken the unit home and cut it up as there wasn’t any corrosion that was of any concern…… like others I did it a precaution rather than needing…….very expensive to rectify after the event 

Do you have a part number for the rad?  Confusing that because I've read that the corrosion occurs outside so thanks for the advice it'll be a little winter job for me. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:52 PM, Northern isf said:

Do you have a part number for the rad?  Confusing that because I've read that the corrosion occurs outside so thanks for the advice it'll be a little winter job for me. 

Sorry for late reply, hope this helps

Paul

30F2CA35-5B8F-4649-8F9E-295904602F74.jpeg

• Like 1