Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2013 CT200h Power Folding Mirror not working

mediaeasier

Hello,

2013 CT200h Power Folding Mirror passenger has stopped folding. When press mirror fold button it tries but only moves a tiny bit. I'm guessing the internal gears have lost teeth and was wondering if anyone has info on how to remove the mirror and disassemble it? Thx in advance

No just try and spray it behind the glass mirror using the red straw/tube that usually comes with the wd40 can and see if that resolves your issue 

Behind the mirror glass will reveal nothing but the mirror mount.The Black housing will need to be removed to get to inside the mirror assembly.The glass will need to be removed and then there are 4 screws which fit the housing to the cover.

13 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Behind the mirror glass will reveal nothing but the mirror mount.The Black housing will need to be removed to get to inside the mirror assembly.The glass will need to be removed and then there are 4 screws which fit the housing to the cover.

thats great info thankyou. And to remove the glass is it just a case of pulling at it or do you know if there is a technique? thx

10 hours ago, mediaeasier said:

thats great info thankyou. And to remove the glass is it just a case of pulling at it or do you know if there is a technique? thx

When i did mine make sure the mirror is at its lowest postion pointing down then gently pry from the top gap outwards but do it centred.There is quite a lot of resistance but it will come off its mounting.Don,t use any hard force otherwise it will break.

This will give you an idea.