Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UV protection. Anybody know what this is?

Las Palmas

Pictures from the side and rear windows on the CT we have:

billede.thumb.png.7cd2e61bee8c5775e184a4a3239fe386.png     billede.thumb.png.7c1baffd88624d7baf1caf9049e40acd.png

Anybody here know if Toyota has kept their promise that they would make all windows 99% UV protected?

Side windows and rear window are having different marking, but what they mean is not easy to find out. At least not for me.

It was promised in 2004 to the Danish importer of Toyota, before Toyota themselves took over and imported the cars, that all Toyota should be safe to drive as they would all have complete UV protection. Should happen as soon as possible, and at the latest 2010 – 2012, for all models. On side windows, rear and sunroof. Windshield was already UV protected on all models then.

Toyota Demark did not import Lexus so I have no idea what was to happen with the luxury brand from Toyota factory.

I have scars enough from surgery to know that skin cancer is not something not to be afraid of.

Hi Steve,

No not really. What I ask is if anybody know what the writing on the windows mean, as the 99% UV protection is not correct. I have a UV detecting device and front door windows had as good as no protection before I had Llumar UV protective films put on. The windshield was perfectly protected due to the film layer between the 2 layers of glass that are in the windshield.

Maybe Lexus has less protection than Toyota. Or Toyota has been promising something they are not keeping or cannot deliver without protective film. With UV strength 10 outside, on the inside of the front door windows UV was still about 4 and not enough at all to protect against skin cancer if driving often. Sun burn would be reduced enough to rarely happen, but not enough.

Nowhere to find out what the:

UV - CCC and A000751 and A002345 and 43-R00011 and 43R-00122
and the rest of the codes on the printing of the glass mean?
Some of them mean that the glass will splinter in ways as to not cut the passengers like other kind of glass splinters would do.

Thought that some on this forum would know what the codes mean or know somebody that knows.

Maybe they just have not seen this question.

Who do I ask?

22 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

John, how about asking a local carglass? ( ar any company specialized in car windows) they should know for sure?

You could be right.

Just thought somebody here would know more about Lexus than Lexus/Toyota here on the island. I asked them and never got an answer. They would find out. One year later and they still do not know. Just had the car to service again.

Toyota promised 99% protection long ago and the windows in our car are nowhere near to that, only windshield is OK like in almost all other cars. 30% to 40% perhaps in the door windows, rear window and sun (moon) roof, but most glass reduce UV with something close to that.

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Hi Steve,

No not really. What I ask is if anybody know what the writing on the windows mean, as the 99% UV protection is not correct. I have a UV detecting device and front door windows had as good as no protection before I had Llumar UV protective films put on. The windshield was perfectly protected due to the film layer between the 2 layers of glass that are in the windshield.

Maybe Lexus has less protection than Toyota. Or Toyota has been promising something they are not keeping or cannot deliver without protective film. With UV strength 10 outside, on the inside of the front door windows UV was still about 4 and not enough at all to protect against skin cancer if driving often. Sun burn would be reduced enough to rarely happen, but not enough.

Nowhere to find out what the:

UV - CCC and A000751 and A002345 and 43-R00011 and 43R-00122
and the rest of the codes on the printing of the glass mean?
Some of them mean that the glass will splinter in ways as to not cut the passengers like other kind of glass splinters would do.

Thought that some on this forum would know what the codes mean or know somebody that knows.

Maybe they just have not seen this question.

Who do I ask?

Regulation and approval numbers apparently

https://beranek.agrrmag.com/2013/04/european-codes/