Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES front bumper alignment

MattRS14

Hi,

Would anyone be willing to take a side on shot of where their front bumper meets the wing?  Not convinced the alignment is quite right on mine, seems a little high on both sides. My OCD tendencies draw my eye to it every time I walk past 🙂

My picture is the drivers side with the front of the car to the right.

Thanks

Matt

61BE963E-376E-4385-B872-4FE3008B7C08.jpeg

1 hour ago, STE041 said:

Looks misaligned to me

Same thought here - that's not proper Lexus alignment. This is how it looks on my soon to be collected (hopefully....) ES:

l.JPG

Definitely not up to usual Lexus standard....has the car had a nudge unbeknown to you maybe at the dealership ?, my GS when I bought it in 2018 showed up a dent in the front bumper but only showed up at a certain angle in certain light, fortunately I had photographed the car week before collection and low and behold there was the dent, fair play to Lexus Sidcup no issue at all car was returned for repair and I got a new RC whilst car was left.

Thanks all.

Had a good look from various angles with a strong torch. No visible sign of damage repair, colour is spot on. All of the fixings look undisturbed. No marks at all on the forward facing parts to suggest a nudge.  Might ask my usual detailer for an opinion on the paint this week…

The photos I took on collection do show the slight ‘step’, albeit from a distance, but enough to show the dealer.

Regards,

Matt

I have a 2019 ES in black and can confirm both sides of the rear bumper don't quite line up with the quarter panel by slightly less than an 1/8th of an inch and both sides of the front bumper don't quite meet the front wings by about 1/16th of an inch.   I think your colour might influence how it might jump out at you  but I would say these small discrepancies are nothing out of the ordinary even if we are talking Lexus. Similar issue with very minor anomalies with my wife's brand new Toyota Yaris where the bumpers meet the sheet metal.  There is no real adjustment possible as all four corners of the car have very hard rigid retaining brackets fitted to the vehicle's main structure and the plastic floppy bumper corners  snap into these corresponding brackets a bit like  male and female plus the remaining clips and bolts dotted all around the edges of the bumpers.   Why not go back to the dealer's showroom and check not just ES cars but anything else sitting there and I'll bet there will be variations to one degree or another.      

Doesn't look right to me. Here's a close up...

image.png.4acaee4afb4adc70ae1e7d434f96a572.png

I'm OCD too and that would get on my nerves. What bugs me on mine are the parking sensors not sitting perfectly center. Anyone else have that? I'm talking fraction of a mm gap making a crescent on one side of the circle, on all of them grrr!

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

Looks out of line to me. This is a link to the Kentucky Lexus plant tour that mentions tolerances   https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/04/11/a-visit-to-the-lexus-es-manufacturing-plant-in-kentucky/

Very interesting - where I work there are Kaizens going on here there and everywhere. I haven't been involved with one yet, which perhaps speaks volumes about my approach to life! From what I gather, UK spec ES's are built in Japan. Can any owner of a brand new one confirm whether this is true by telling us if they noticed a Japanese woody deep fragrance upon delivery, or a tart and sweet Kentucky smell?

Don't have wood in my premium edition, at least I don't think the black grain inlays are real wood anyway. In any case no woody smells just good 'ol new car smell, which i still get a whiff of 3k miles and 4 months later. You know the VOCs that give you cancer.

8 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

I have just had a look at Minceys pictures of his new ES and there is slight mis-alignment on his aswell - so you could say its normal

I must admit that when i took that photo alarm bells did ring...

image.thumb.png.ef62fde98df8d9fcf61f7b5fdcc0c671.png

• Like 1

Now that has been seen.

Just saying... don't even try and take a look at the gap between rear of the front door and front of the rear door near the bottom edge 🙂

Cheers,

--E

• 1 year later...

After seeing quite a few ES300h I can say that the alignment on the bumpers (front or rear) is not great. Initially I thought that a few were repaired, but after seeing more almost new it got very obvious that is just the built quality... After you buy the car, you just don't see it anymore. Mine has a slight misalignment on the front, but I forgot about it until I saw this post 😆