Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick question re private plate transfer

Mincey

I've just put my personal reg on retention and have confirmation from the DVLA. Swinton have been informed of the change, so insurance is good to carry on. I don't need to do anything with road tax do I....? My current plates are stuck on, not screwed on (see a plethora of posts from two years ago) so I'm going to cover them with duck tape for the final trip to Leicester and go all Barry with the old '19 plates on the dashboard and parcel shelf. I've had enough grief with getting paintwork fixed. I bet you'll all be glad when I finally bring Betsy home...

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

I've just put my personal reg on retention and have confirmation from the DVLA. Swinton have been informed of the change, so insurance is good to carry on. I don't need to do anything with road tax do I....? My current plates are stuck on, not screwed on (see a plethora of posts from two years ago) so I'm going to cover them with duck tape for the final trip to Leicester and go all Barry with the old '19 plates on the dashboard and parcel shelf. I've had enough grief with getting paintwork fixed. I bet you'll all be glad when I finally bring Betsy home...

Nothing needs doing re road tax or MOT. Not that MOT is your issue!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, paulrnx said:

You’ll get an automatic refund via a cheque in the post for any unused tax equivalent to the number of whole months remaining.

I like the sound of that! 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

I like the sound of that! 👍

I’ll be interested to see how you find your new ES. The shape and style of them has really grown on me to the point where I now think they look fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

I’ll be interested to see how you find your new ES. The shape and style of them has really grown on me to the point where I now think they look fantastic.

I will be more than happy to let you know once I finally get my hands on it! This waiting is killing me.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mincey said:

I will be more than happy to let you know once I finally get my hands on it! This waiting is killing me.....

If you were waiting for it here in West Sussex, you'd also have to wait for fuel as well, the situation is still dire here!

• Sad 1