Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance for LC500

Arth_Vader

Got to record my disappointment, practically approaching disgust, with Adrian Flux.  I have been insured with them on my boxster for a few years now and although I’ve had my doubts about them for a while on their value I fully intended to take my business to when I insured the new LC.

I have 12 years no claims and live in a fairly peaceful area, so wasn’t surprised when the best quotes from confused.com were round about the same as my trade in boxster gts, at about £400-500, including breakdown cover.

But when I contacted my current provider Adrian Flux, who advertise on this Lexus customer site, and with whom I’m a current customer of some years, quoted me £1500, citing the value of the car. 

They also would not allow me to change my car for the last couple of weeks of my existing policy, which would force me to start a new year long policy for my purchase, at the inflated price.

Good stuff,  well done.

A customer gone for life.

Why would your insurer cite the value of your car as the reason for such a high premium. As far as I can see its used value is about the same as a mid range BMW,Audi etc.

I wonder if their actual underwriters have so little insurance data on the rare LC that they have taken a negative view.

As you say….Thanks and Goodnight!

A J.

My quite negative reviews on AF are on the Forum from time to time 

I share your non-positive thoughts 100%

Malc

I understand, correct me if I'm wrong someone please, that AF owns it's own car insurance company, and underwriters and assessors too

Or it might be the other way around BUT they are all " in it together " and there is absolutely no reason why they aren't fully au fait with whatever cars and risks there are out there

For the first 20 years of driving i stayed with the same company, i think they treated you as a valued customer, but for the next 20 years i have changed to a different company every year, customer loyalty has gone and they don't even seem bothered if you stay or go.

• Like 3

Agree, not impressed with AF prices or selling techniques. (You should accept the price now, may go up if you ring back. No thanks.) Lexus insured with Aviva this time, Westfield with APlan who are great. Corvette was insured with Admiral who amazed me with their price.

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with ourselves. Whilst we have a wide panel of insurers unfortunately not all of them would cover your new vehicle either because the grouping is too high or the value is to high. Obviously i couldn't confirm the exact reason without looking at your policy details which I am more than happy to do if you wish.

We try to be as competitive as we can for all risks but again unfortunately it's not always possible I'm afraid.

Regards,

Dan.

On 10/11/2021 at 5:54 PM, Arth_Vader said:

Got to record my disappointment, practically approaching disgust, with Adrian Flux.  I have been insured with them on my boxster for a few years now and although I’ve had my doubts about them for a while on their value I fully intended to take my business to when I insured the new LC.

I have 12 years no claims and live in a fairly peaceful area, so wasn’t surprised when the best quotes from confused.com were round about the same as my trade in boxster gts, at about £400-500, including breakdown cover.

But when I contacted my current provider Adrian Flux, who advertise on this Lexus customer site, and with whom I’m a current customer of some years, quoted me £1500, citing the value of the car. 

They also would not allow me to change my car for the last couple of weeks of my existing policy, which would force me to start a new year long policy for my purchase, at the inflated price.

Good stuff,  well done.

A customer gone for life.

well screw them and move to someone else - I have done this all the time - insurers have a mandate to screw up customers - that is fine, just move on to someone else, its not like they are holding to to ransom

awesome car btw

On 10/12/2021 at 8:03 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with ourselves. Whilst we have a wide panel of insurers unfortunately not all of them would cover your new vehicle either because the grouping is too high or the value is to high. Obviously i couldn't confirm the exact reason without looking at your policy details which I am more than happy to do if you wish.

We try to be as competitive as we can for all risks but again unfortunately it's not always possible I'm afraid.

Regards,

Dan.

common, seriously - the chap had extensive NCB and driving a LC500 you can assume a good record. I am not buying it, btw I was also a customer of yours...and left

13 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

common, seriously - the chap had extensive NCB and driving a LC500 you can assume a good record. I am not buying it, btw I was also a customer of yours...and left

John Wayne once said "never apologise it's a sign of weakness" couldn't be more appropriate here 👍if AF doesn't want your business then say so, you won't be offended necessarily. But to quote you 1500 is guaranteed to offend not only you but every reader of this thread. This once again demonstrates the disconnect between the computer algorithm and the customer and if AF were a true customer-centric firm they would address this pdq 😎

23 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

John Wayne once said "never apologise it's a sign of weakness" couldn't be more appropriate here 👍if AF doesn't want your business then say so, you won't be offended necessarily. But to quote you 1500 is guaranteed to offend not only you but every reader of this thread. This once again demonstrates the disconnect between the computer algorithm and the customer and if AF were a true customer-centric firm they would address this pdq 😎

£1500 is ludicrous... My GSF Was £1000ish with 9 points on my licence 

That was kind of my point. AF advertise to sell their services on this forum.

A forum that is probably one for above slightly average value cars, and dare I say it a certain type of driver.  Lexus drivers aren’t boy racers, I know I’m not and never have been, even though I’ve owned and driven some very fast cars.

I was similarly disappointed by AF when I tried to use the forum sponsors to insure my wife’s ISF, which is about as fast as an lc500 but less than half the price.  I seem to remember the AF quote there was surprisingly over the odds too so the lame excuse about car value just doesn’t hold water.  

I’m started this thread so that any people on here who are somehow not aware of price comparison websites don’t assume a quote from AF will be good value for money because they sponsor the forum.

Indeed it’s highly bloody likely that it won’t be.

• Like 1

I think it’s scandalous that a forum such as this allows companies to sponsor them in the way they do.
 Conflict of interest springs to mind! The thing I like most about this forum is that it is full of individual independent subscribers who are knowledgeable and generally helpful in sharing that knowledge. I understand that those who moderate this forum need to cover their costs but feel it’s disingenuous to take money from businesses such as AF that try to appear as if they are sanctioned by the forum! Some folk may believe that such companies are supported by the forum and are therefore more trustworthy. The forum moderators should make it clearer that companies like AF are solely using this forum for advertising purposes and that any posts by them are not necessarily sanctioned by the forum. This may get me ‘sanctioned’ by the moderators in which case you know where they lie!

• Like 1

I don’t live in the U.K. and am not familiar with Messrs Adrian Flux but, after reading this thread, I thought I’d take a quick peep at their ad on the LOC.  Objectively, one cannot disagree with Ala Larj.  By alluding to an “owner’s club” the ad aims to give the impression that the LOC is making a formal and specific recommendation to its members whereas the copy is clearly written to suit similar platforms for any or all other car marques and their customers.  This is - or could be considered - misleading advertising or even an insult to people’s intelligence, but surely not many targeted customers are fooled by it?  The charitable view would be that both advertisers and the sellers of advertising need to make a living.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Malc said:

does anyone ever really believe what advertisers say anywhere ?  are people really that naive to just " believe "

Malc

You don’t necessarily have to believe advertising claims, Malc.  Personally, I‘ve always been a sucker for good advertising and promotional copy, so much so that I’ll buy one product instead of another for no other reason. Of course, I speak not of purchases that require a bit of in-depth analysis like car insurance but mainly of products you pick off a shelf. 

18 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

I think it’s scandalous that a forum such as this allows companies to sponsor them in the way they do.
 Conflict of interest springs to mind! The thing I like most about this forum is that it is full of individual independent subscribers who are knowledgeable and generally helpful in sharing that knowledge. I understand that those who moderate this forum need to cover their costs but feel it’s disingenuous to take money from businesses such as AF that try to appear as if they are sanctioned by the forum! Some folk may believe that such companies are supported by the forum and are therefore more trustworthy. The forum moderators should make it clearer that companies like AF are solely using this forum for advertising purposes and that any posts by them are not necessarily sanctioned by the forum. This may get me ‘sanctioned’ by the moderators in which case you know where they lie!

well UK Legacy - a Subaru forum is 'sponsored' if that is the word, by Chris Knott--  they are just as bad, they were also a former customer of mine.

Its just the way car insurance goes, its ridiculous and they do not respect people with a good driving history and NCB record. My current insurer, I will not name looks to be bucking the trend and have had decent quotes on my Subaru which is modified for the last few years so I have not left them.

Same negative experience with AF. Licensed for 22 years (actually have 4, UK, US, Germany and Jordan), grew up in the UK so I know the system. Car garaged nightly. 13 years NCB, unfortunately the last few years were from a third world country, no wait they were from Germany. It's sometimes tricky to not mix up Gambia Ghana or Guatemala with Germany! AF got their behinds handed to them by Aviva, to the tune of about 900 pounds!!!

21 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

It is not the moderators  but Admin who dictate what is allowed, moderators are there to see that the forum rules are not abused.

Your points though are well made and the club should be having words with Adrian Flux in that case or even allow another committed insurance company / broker to also advertise to the members who "for the vast bulk" are a good bet to have as clients. (IMO)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links