Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking noise from the driver side roof door grab handle.

george72

I have had a rather annoying creaking sound eminating from the driver side roof near door grab handle. It's worse when cold and you go over rough and uneven surfaces. It has been back to lexus twice but nothing has changed. Has anyone had any similar problems? 

2 hours ago, george72 said:

I have had a rather annoying creaking sound eminating from the driver side roof near door grab handle. It's worse when cold and you go over rough and uneven surfaces. It has been back to lexus twice but nothing has changed. Has anyone had any similar problems? 

Whilst hunting for a rattle in my RX with the master tech at my dealer, he mentioned that he had seen creaking grab handles on the ES (he checked to see if it was an issue on mine but then realised the ES ones are a different design of grab handle to the RX).

So i would say there is a decent chance your dealer might have seen this specific issue before and know how to fix it.

Paul

11 minutes ago, PDM said:

Whilst hunting for a rattle in my RX with the master tech at my dealer, he mentioned that he had seen creaking grab handles on the ES (he checked to see if it was an issue on mine but then realised the ES ones are a different design of grab handle to the RX).

So i would say there is a decent chance your dealer might have seen this specific issue before and know how to fix it.

Paul

Can you tell me your name of your local dealership. I may give them a call? 

15 hours ago, george72 said:

My 2016 RC has the same problem sounds like a rubbing sound then when cold it's like a rattle if I push up near the grab handle it stops. 

15 hours ago, george72 said:

Thanks Paul. That's the problem it's been into the dealership twice. Last week they took the whole roof lining out but didn't find anything? Strange 

Are you sure it is the door grab handle ? Just asking as it might be somewhere in the seat belt "area" and due to the nature of the beast there actually may not be a solution. Blame it to the sarcastically excellent roads we have here.

I notice this in my car but I know the exact patches of road now where this occurs and it is the seat belt housing. It settles down once I get to better roads or motorway. The problem is there are too many freely moving "things" in the seat belt assembly that it cannot be controlled.

I do have a roll of felt tape at hand in case I get too bothered and also able to locate the exact place which is causing the sound.

HTH

--E

• 2 years later...

I have the exact same problem, being a squeek coming from the grab handle on the driver's side of my NX 350h. I've asked Lexus to look at it twice, but they aren't interested and say they can't hear the noise. 

I'd love to know how to fix it.

4 hours ago, Bill W said:

I have the exact same problem, being a squeek coming from the grab handle on the driver's side of my NX 350h. I've asked Lexus to look at it twice, but they aren't interested and say they can't hear the noise. 

I'd love to know how to fix it.

My car went in for the third time and they found that there was some loose wiring in the roof lining that created the noise. 

It was fixed and never experienced any problems thereafter 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2023 at 4:09 PM, george72 said:

My car went in for the third time and they found that there was some loose wiring in the roof lining that created the noise. 

It was fixed and never experienced any problems thereafter 

I need to have words with Lexus Leicester about Tiff. I think the wiring for the rear dash cam is loose as she is rattling like a 1970's Lada. Something has definitely come adrift in the roof lining as she was as quiet as a mouse until a couple of weeks ago.