Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Colour or price ?

Hi all 

Noticed the orange GS-F is still up for sale on AT despite it being one of the only two of that colour in the UK, is it because of price, colour, history, non Lexus dealer selling, or combination of all four ? 

My thoughts are it's more the colour being a bit too loud for British tastes.

What does the "gang" think ?

19 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

Hi all 

Noticed the orange GS-F is still up for sale on AT despite it being one of the only two of that colour in the UK, is it because of price, colour, history, non Lexus dealer selling, or combination of all four ? 

Having seen this colour in the flesh so to speak I thinks it's fantastic, but then again I've had mine wrapped in a pretty loud scheme

• Like 3

All of the above.

No data regarding service history but the post mentions Lexus 10 year warranty so that must mean something ? But the post for it is very lazyily written, its focused more on all the mod - cons and spec, all of which is effectively standard on the car. So I assume this is an attempt to wow BMW buyers. 

Personally I love the orange and wouldn't be put off by this at all, but have you seen the rates on the company selling it ? They are complete 💩

All the other GSF's that have flown off the shelf have been sold by Lexus dealers who always sub <5% and often have offers as 2.9% as pretty much standard.

I do believe its at an overly inflated price but thats because the whole car market is at an inflated price and will be for another 18 months.  

If i had £40k cash to buy a car would I buy this ? - Potentially id also consider using a chunk of that towards an LC500. And a lot of people are still going electric more so because of the fuel woes and prices. 

If this was available from the same garage but with a competitive finance offer vs Lexus direct would this have sold by now ? Absolutely 

I genuinely feel that if Lexus was selling this car they would be selling it for the same price compared to how they have all listed cars the last few months. 

If this was for sale at a Lexus garage for the same price would I buy it if I was in the market ? 100%

1 of 2 in UK, shows it wasn't a popular colour to start, I personally love it and when I looked to buy it was in my top choices.

Having spoke with 2 Lexus dealers about other cars and then discussed this GS F, both gave negative reactions to the colour choice for a 'Lexus' and state the new toned down darker orange has been a more popular colour choice in recent car orders.

36 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.30f56e132c7c91653ea81e753f15f376.jpg

ebay screen grab of said 'toned down' orange 🙂

Yeah they have gone for a "burnt orange" effect... Personally I prefer the asbo orange, kind of suites the car. 

Its a shame, I actually think colours like Solar Flare & Azure Blue  are very modern and help pull Lexus away from the usual dreary only purchaser.  People like bold when it comes to large engine and sporty cars.  I just played with the LC Configuration and there wasn't a single colour that made me think "THAT ONE". The Khaki is nice but still a bit muh. Yellow is beautifully bold but why they allow the yellow rather than Solar Flare is beyond me. 

---

Just looked at a lot more detail on the photos of the orange GSF, hasnt been prepared awfully well. I would want the dealer to fund a full interior and exterior detailing. So many scuff marks from shoes on the inside driver side, the alcantara looks worn aswell 

It's probably the color as the price isn't too bad in context of the current market and its easy to arrange your own finance at competitive rates if you like a car.

My guess would be that people see it and think I can't pull that off! It's definitely not for the faint hearted as it a loud color and gets attention.

I personally enjoyed seeing people react to it and being approached for chats back when I had it. It looks gorgeous in the sun.

1 hour ago, Exdee said:

It's probably the color as the price isn't too bad in context of the current market and its easy to arrange your own finance at competitive rates if you like a car.

My guess would be that people see it and think I can't pull that off! It's definitely not for the faint hearted as it a loud color and gets attention.

I personally enjoyed seeing people react to it and being approached for chats back when I had it. It looks gorgeous in the sun.

Was that one previously yours then ? When did you have it till ? 

9 hours ago, Exdee said:

Yup

photo57.jpg

You've caught the sun on the pearl perfectly. 

So as Duggie asks, what did you trade against & why ?

Anything any potential buyers should know ? 

And does it have full service history as the dealer doesn't even state this.   😂 

Man I seriously love that colour 

I have other cars and was just not using it enough to justify retaining it.

It's been looked after by Lexus Milton Keynes. There should be a service book in the car.

It's only as good as the other ones out there. The color doesn't make it go any faster! 😃

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 9:43 PM, Duggie B said:

Hi all 

I personally love the colour, would be my first choice tbh, I’m not a “look at me person”……. Completely the opposite…….BUT there’s something about that colour for me

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:05 AM, Duggie B said:

Not a colour for any shrinking violets for sure !!Screenshot_20211012-213138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.38086cb6e7d9ea76406dc130c679d676.jpg

Ideal for the colour blind buyer perhaps, who might not understand what all the fuss is about?

In any case, it’s not a car to choose if you wanted to avoid attention - whatever the colour.

If the dealer can’t shift it then it might be worth getting a quote for a respray and suggesting that as a discount.

On the other hand, all this extra publicity might have been all it needed to make a sale!

What is to become of this car?  Social pariah or Facebook star?  Will it become an Influencer?

To quote that car guru, Arthur Daley, “The World is its lobster”. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links