Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior light change (no sunglass box)

gubbelille

Hi all,

Been trying to find something like this but havent so far so im creating this one.

So i have the model without sunroof and no sunglassbox and wanted to know if somebody have opened it before to change the lights?

The picture is from my car and Wonder how im godnatt open it the best way and to ny destroy anything. If annons knows much apprecieated!

20211013_171144.jpg

You'll have to pry open the blank cover first to reveal the alarm motion sensor, as there's a couple of screws that need to be removed.

20171122_154948.thumb.jpg.54090603b5fc40e1c72f6d58eb8a5729.jpg

Once those are removed, you can pry the entire unit away from the roof lining.

20171122_155147.thumb.jpg.625fc566fd61ba288b072df4ef4a3dcf.jpg

Only work from the top end and sides though, as there are a couple of hooks on the bottom edge that will probably break.

• Like 1

So i should go from this side to open the hatch to get access to the screws? 

Only work from the top end and sides though, as there are a couple of hooks on the bottom edge that will probably break. 

And also is it meant to break when removing it or did u mean the whole dome?

Skärmklipp.PNG

21 hours ago, gubbelille said:

Hi all,

Been trying to find something like this but havent so far so im creating this one.

So i have the model without sunroof and no sunglassbox and wanted to know if somebody have opened it before to change the lights?

The picture is from my car and Wonder how im godnatt open it the best way and to ny destroy anything. If annons knows much apprecieated!

20211013_171144.jpg

The frosted plastic cover on top of the lights comes off if you pry it open from the bottom (near the individual LED ligts). You can then change the lights easily. I did this on my 2006 and worked great. 

3 hours ago, zoricib said:

The frosted plastic cover on top of the lights comes off if you pry it open from the bottom (near the individual LED ligts). You can then change the lights easily. I did this on my 2006 and worked great. 

From the button side or close to the front window?

19 hours ago, zoricib said:

Attached a pic to show you. Use some trim removal tools or a very thin flat screwdriver

Screenshot_20211014-205248.png

Tried it and worked like a charm, not even a dent. Just a really small flathead with some tape for extra cover and The glas just pooped itself out! Thx allt once again!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links