Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Over priced RCF 's?

Most RCF's for sale in the £30k+ price band '15' 16 plate return a WBAC type valuation in the early £20k+

To me this indicates the retail prices are overpriced. 

With higher than normal WBAC type valuations, this is even stranger. 

I can understand say a +£5k for prep/warranty/profit, but isn't £10k taking the ***** somewhat? 

I'm sure if you come to trade in in the future the dealer won't want to pay more than a WBAC type valuation.

The entire used car market is currently over priced. Bloomin french fry shortage.

WBAC currently value my GSF at 26k it sold for 38k from a dealer, and the dealer bought it off me for a A lot more than what WBAC offered me ( previously 26/27 iirc) 

WBAC as a whole doesn't give a remotely close evaluation of any F cars. I think it's because they see the RCF / GSF as just an RC / GS 

• Like 2

More manufacturers having to cut/ stop production, used car market already overpriced, just gonna keep going until something gives...

I know it isn't an F-car but we had the NX valued at 24k from webuyanycar, didn't sell it, was just curious, 2 weeks later, now offering 25.5k 🤷‍♂️

We sold my sons GT86 through WBAC - worked very well for us.  His car was spotless FTSH etc etc, they knocked him a £150 for a couple of stone chips, but that was it. No hassle.  

Went online got the number, waited a week and then 10days - 2 increases to a number we were happy with - car went the next day, money in the bank a couple of days later.  They had allsorts there the day we were there - from bangers to a 12 month old M5 competition, that the owner wanted out of sharp.

The car depreciated £900 in 3 1/2 years and 28k miles.  Car appeared a couple of weeks later and was advertised for £2500 more than we sold it for in Nottingham at an independent - went in a week.

From what I've experienced and heard from others that have used WBAC - the quote they give you online for a "mint" car, one that could almost be rolled into a dealer and sold. Any chips, scratches, grazes , bumps, Tyres under 4mm, patchy SH etc etc they'll reduce the price again and again. but to be fair no different to a dealer.

I'd certainly look at using them again.

WBAC are awful for most. Here's an example, my dad bought his 2015 370Z with 9k miles last year for £18k. Decided to sell the other week as the prices went up loads. WBAC offered 18.8k, which is still more than he paid (had 14,5k miles), but ended up selling it to Arnold Clark for 22k.. 

I use the Autotrader valuation tool to keep an eye on prices. I use the Part exchange figure as a benchmark

Jan 2021. 38600 miles: £20,910

Oct 2021. 43000 miles: £ 25,150

That lift seems to match the prices I've been hearing about on this forum. Of course it is all artificial until I actually choose to sell, but it might be tempting to trade it in against a £31,000 GR Yaris

Having just purchased an LC I would say your wife is correct and that a GR Yaris is a much more practical proposition to own, drive and definitely to park.

However I would also say LC is much more “ROOOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR”…and a bit of “FWOAHHHH”

Both points are equally valid.

Haha, thanks for the feedback 😛

The F is 'my' car, NX is the dog mobile, LS is the project/ waft wagon and she keeps telling me she misses her Audi A1 for nipping out in, I suggested getting another Abarth, just not the Biposto, that was a flat out NO! She loves the chunky look of the Yaris and the size is more manageable and thinks the LC is too big for her to nip places. Just planting a few more money trees and we'll be there in no time!

2 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

Having just purchased an LC I would say your wife is correct and that a GR Yaris is a much more practical proposition to own, drive and definitely to park.

However I would also say LC is much more “ROOOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR”…and a bit of “FWOAHHHH”

Both points are equally valid.

Was meaning to message you actually. How you enjoying it ? 

Don’t want to go on about it too much in the F club forum but it’s a really special car.

It’s a bit of a big barge, but its not meant to be a sports car or a city car, easy to park and what not.  

it’s what jayemm on youtube calls a Japanese Aston Martin, and he’s right - it has a character that reminds me of my 2009 DBS.  

I still love our ISF and it’s probably a more rounded car family wise and sleeper wise, but the LC is not a sleeper - it shouts what it is visually as well as aurally.

9 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Was holding out for the 'LC F' but that might never come, so time will tell!

Starting to feel as if we may never see another ICE "F" in the UK Again. 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Arth_Vader said:

I agree.

I don’t think the IS500 “ FSport” is coming here 

😞 It looks so pretty

23 minutes ago, Jez.w said:

Surely this post should say "Over priced GSF"......

Nope OP is definitely referring to how expensive RCF's have gone up etc. And as many have pointed out is just how screwed the entire used market is, could sell my Wife's NX for more than we bought it at present... 😅

58 minutes ago, Arnett said:

And as many have pointed out is just how screwed the entire used market is, could sell my Wife's NX for more than we bought it at present... 😅

There are used Civic Type Rs with delivery mileage listed at nearly £50k (!!!) on Autotrader. Not sure what's going on there as even a well-spec'd one was only around £35k new iirc.

1 hour ago, Rob RCF said:

There are used Civic Type Rs with delivery mileage listed at nearly £50k (!!!) on Autotrader. Not sure what's going on there as even a well-spec'd one was only around £35k new iirc.

Some of these prices are just horrendous. Im half tempted to buy a £2k runner cash while I await the market to settle again. I dont mind driving a shed for 2 years waiting for cars to return to a normal price. 

The current prices make brand new cars look like a great deal in some cases, it's bizarre.

Toyota GR Yaris Circuit Pack for example. Brand new: £33520 Used: £35-40k 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

The current prices make brand new cars look like a great deal in some cases, it's bizarre.

Nah mate, Id buy used. New cars depreciate value the second you drive it off the forecourt. Those Used ones are clearly going to the moon 

/Sarcasm

3 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Try and get a new one. Dealers are now quoting May / June for delivery, unless you can find a cancelled order.  

There are people out there willing to pay the premium to have the latest "it" car, at the end of the day you pay your money..........

They are fantastic though, the hype around them is justified, epic epic little car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links