Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Formula one

Localhero

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Not expecting that at all. Taking Lewis out will mean disqualification so ham the title. Unless of course lewis is causing the accident. 

Not sure that this is the case.  If Ham is taken out, whether or not Ver wins and is disqualified he will still have won more races than Ham so will be champion.  Ver can't have points deducted for races he has previously won can he?  Or what if Per or Bot take out one of the leading protagonists?

Here's a good report on which car may be better suited to Abu Dhabi ... Seems tyre management will be critical

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.tech-tuesday-red-bull-or-mercedes-which-car-will-suit-abu-dhabi-better-as.76dX6bD2Qv6E5RXAqNpzx1.html

How about this scenario.

Max crashes into Lewis and breaks both cars. Bottas stops at scene, jumps out of his car and gives it to Lewis who drives to finish in 10th place, thereby winning the championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

How about this scenario.

Max crashes into Lewis and breaks both cars. Bottas stops at scene, jumps out of his car and gives it to Lewis who drives to finish in 10th place, thereby winning the championship.

Might have happened 30-40yrs ago but now regulations will prevent car swapping (even if LH could fit into VB's car!), spare cars etc.. 

I liked those days back when drivers would jog back to the pits and jump into the spare, or qualifying, car and continue racing...

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Well it obviously isn't nonsense because the stewards reviewed the data which proved it to be the case. Not sure Max tried to cause an accident, he probably wanted Lewis to brake heavily just as Max floored it to get away.

But when you are given a place back you are meant to do so safely.

Whilst the braking Max did before the collision was naughty, he did seem to genuinely try and give Lewis the place at first, but got frustrated when Lewis didn't overtake.

And if you read Martin Brundle's column on the Sky Sports website, Lewis claims of confusion were equally unfathomable since, as pointed out, if Max had a technical issue and slowed down, he would have blasted past.  I think Lewis knew what Max was trying to do and didn't want to overtake, but he didn't admit as such.

As for what will happen this weekend, I think Max will do what he has been, namely, he will place his car in a position where Lewis has to either let him through or they will crash.  Harsh but not illegal racing unless it is done off the track.  If that happens, then it reminds me of a certain Brazilian driver at the 1990 Japanese Grand Prix 🙂

• Like 1

Marko has now issued an apology to Ham and Mercedes now having accepted finding that Ver was at fault for what was termed the brake testing accident.

Bernie Ecclestone is reported as having said that Lewis should have retired at the end of last season so as to preserve Schumacher's unsurpassed record - what a strange view!  Maybe it's good he is no longer in charge.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Possibly Red Bull I think 

Difficult to predict. The track has changed to last year and several tight corners have been softened making the track much faster, Pirelli expects 14 secs. Then there are long straights which will benefit the merc enginepower. As it is the final i expect the workers at home base in both Merc and Honda to work round the clock to create the perfect car. You never see these people but it are average 600 or so in both companies. Last year Max did win but Mercedes/Lewis had the title already so it was not as important.  I think Merc could have a slight advantage but as many times this season expect the unexpected. I really have no idea who will be the 2021 champ.

7 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Bernie Ecclestone is reported as having said that Lewis should have retired at the end of last season so as to preserve Schumacher's unsurpassed record - what a strange view!  Maybe it's good he is no longer in charge.

At least in his time someone made decisions and told others to shut up and go to work.  I wonder what he would say to Toto and Horner..

12 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Here's a good report on which car may be better suited to Abu Dhabi ... Seems tyre management will be critical

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.tech-tuesday-red-bull-or-mercedes-which-car-will-suit-abu-dhabi-better-as.76dX6bD2Qv6E5RXAqNpzx1.html

Aye i mentioned in the thread earlier regarding the emphasis on tyre management and their degragation

10 hours ago, ALAW said:

I see Kingspan and Mercerdes have parted company.

Saw that too. If you believe what Kingspan have said, they aren’t guilty or responsible for any of that disaster. It spooked Mercedes though. 

IMG-20211210-WA0002.thumb.jpg.6f00de762a8c5d72de53a3fb811fa5c6.jpg

My nephew drying his hair whilst everyones busy working 🙃I think Toto should sack him and give me the job, I could definitely do that👍and I wouldn't  want any wages! (photo couple of hours ago)

17 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Well then, any predictions?  

I expect HAM to win as the merc seems to be the faster car but then again as Murray Walker said - in F1 anything can happen, and it normally does -.

Merc will have set the engine mapping quite high given they have a new(ish) engine so provided they don't over do it there shouldn't be a reliability issue.

RB will probably try to compete by pushing beyond the limits so could suffer an issue.

• Like 1

Merc will have a tyre advantage but Red Bull will have track position.

My prediction is that Lewis will get off the line quicker and claim the first corner. Then Max will take him out. Over at the first corner and then it will all get a bit legal and the FIA will have to step in and adjudicate. Dearly hope it’s not this but I fear it will be.

If this doesn’t happen I think Lewis will win. Red Bull have taken a lot of downforce off their car to be competitive on the straights and over a race this is going to kill their tyres.

Hell of a lap in Q3 by Max.

• Like 1

I think Lewis is perfectly placed in the grid. He will want to stay in 2nd place especially after first turn so that should be key that nobody gets past him there at the first turn from the off. Should this be the case he will be able to take Max when he wants. Ive said this before but tyres are key more so now than ever and i think Lewis is starting with the tyre that will give him more options as the race unfolds. Just needs nobody getting past to first turn. Lewis to win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALAW said:

I think Lewis is perfectly placed in the grid. He will want to stay in 2nd place especially after first turn so that should be key that nobody gets past him there at the first turn from the off. Should this be the case he will be able to take Max when he wants. Ive said this before but tyres are key more so now than ever and i think Lewis is starting with the tyre that will give him more options as the race unfolds. Just needs nobody getting past to first turn. Lewis to win. 

That's my view too.  If Lewis can stay reasonably close to Ver overtaking possible as the advantage of the softer tyre is lost, Lewis on harder tyre should pass.  Just hope race is not marred by stoppage and safety cars or comings together.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links