Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Formula one

Localhero

This weekends track means walls walls walls and NO run off areas. In theory the Mercedes of Lewis will be the absolute fastest car out there and the only thing he will have to do is drive to the finish. However the smallest mistake will be game over. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Feels like a bit of bad luck or poor reliability will settle this title. One DNF or on-track incident will be very costly.

Thats what i feel Paul an on track incident.

• Sad 1

On 25/11/2021 at 7:48 AM, paulrnx said:

Feels like a bit of bad luck or poor reliability will settle this title👍. One DNF or on-track incident will be very costly.

I think car 44 will be a little bit quicker next race 👍let's hope there are no  reliability issues for lewis or max

• Like 1

Sad news that Sir Frank Williams has passed this afternoon.

When I was growing up the Williams team was right up there with Ferrari, McLaren and Renault - that was the era that really got me hooked. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Sad news that Sir Frank Williams has passed this afternoon.

When I was growing up the Williams team was right up there with Ferrari, McLaren and Renault - that was the era that really got me hooked. 

Yep, I recall the FW14B doing its thing on the track.  Very much an iconic car.

• Like 2

Any predictions for tomorrows race?

Here are mine

1.  Ver

2.  Gasly

3. Bot

4. Per

5.Ham

Logic? not really but the lay out of the track, the walls, the limited visibility could cause quite an unexpected result. Could easily be in the upside down order!

Also the run up to the first corner is very very short i expect total chaos there.

Am expecting a few yellow flags after watching the f2 sprint race! As long as Lewis gets a good start and remains in front after the start and first corner am sure he’ll win. Max will be desperate to get ahead and will probably cause said chaos!

Some pretty bad driving by Max. He has no sense of when he has lost a position and is prepared to take Lewis out rather than cede a position. On a number of occasions today. We’ll have to see what the telemetry proves re the ‘brake test’ incident. Past precedent would suggest a race ban or more. I doubt the FIA will allow this so we may go into the final race with Max getting away with it and thinking all he has to do is take Lewis out to win the title. Unbelievable race but some dirty driving by Max and he was only penalised once. Let’s wait and see what happens.

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Some pretty bad driving by Max. He has no sense of when he has lost a position and is prepared to take Lewis out rather than cede a position. On a number of occasions today. We’ll have to see what the telemetry proves re the ‘brake test’ incident. Past precedent would suggest a race ban or more. I doubt the FIA will allow this so we may go into the final race with Max getting away with it and thinking all he has to do is take Lewis out to win the title. Unbelievable race but some dirty driving by Max and he was only penalised once. Let’s wait and see what happens.

Agree Paul. Max appeared to Brake test Lewis as he said over car radio. Incident packed race though. Pleased to see Bottas took 3rd. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 3:11 PM, dutchie01 said:

Any predictions for tomorrows race?

Here are mine

1.  Ver

2.  Gasly

3. Bot

4. Per

5.Ham

Logic? not really but the lay out of the track, the walls, the limited visibility could cause quite an unexpected result. Could easily be in the upside down order!

Also the run up to the first corner is very very short i expect total chaos there.

Well you got one place right out of five,  should have consulted Mystic Meg LOL!

Must admit race was a nail biter and was pleasantly surprised Lewis managed to win despite bad luck that favoured Max and a damaged front wing.

Even without the over aggressive Max there was car carnage to others partly due to the nature of the track and insufficient run offs.  I don't know if the course could be improved but all the restarts spoilt it for me.  

• Like 3

I don't think this track is suited for F1 cars. Too fast.  Apart from oil dollars there is no reason to be here. No spectators other than some expats and Saudis. No atmosphere and it a small miracle no major accidents happened with all the blind high speed corners without run off.

The race itself was pure chaos, a lottery. Lewis showed his experience by driving around the mess. I don't like drivers and team bosses openly trying to influence the stewards into giving the opponent a penalty. A bit like football players trying to score a yellow for the other party. Also the inconsistency in penalties is shocking. One can easily make a list of identical issues through the season that are judged differently.

Whatever your opinion, the aggression of Max, the all or nothing attitude alike jaques villeneuve or senna has made this season to what it is. Without Max it would be an utterly boring procession.

Gloves off and on to Abu Dhabi!

• Like 2

Will Mad Max take Hamilton out this weekend then? I have to say that, on the basis of what I have seen in the last two races, I think he will. I think it will be a deliberate plan and one that will be supported by Red Bull management.

• Thanks 1

Not expecting that at all. Taking Lewis out will mean disqualification so ham the title. Unless of course lewis is causing the accident. In my humble opinion both ham and max were just as bad in the last race. 2 Hotheads not willing to bow. Difference is that max is max you know what you get and he is pretty honest about it protesting against the sanctions and even regulations, let me race place type of thing. Lewis is the experienced smooth talker influencing the press and presenting a certain image of himself that at least in the last race was detatched from reality. Almost the entire UK press follows him blindly. Some examples? Before the race he was vocal about the safety of the track or lack of only to protest the day after when schumacher hit the barrier. "it does not look damaged" said mr safety. Another example was driving Max wide when Max did thesame he got punished. The worst one was the brake test drama. Lewis knew exactly what was going on. He knew Max was trying to let him pass but understandably he did not want it in that spot as max would get DRS and immediately pass again.. Max wanted him to pass there and that is how it happened. The slick willy "he is brake testing me" was just total nonsense. From BOTH it as a drive not worthy of a champion ( at least in my opinion).  Lets hope this weekend is a clean and sportive drive from both presentiing the 2021 world champion. Whoever wins hats off!

And the team bosses? Please please shut up and stay out of their way.

If only Bernie was still there....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Not expecting that at all. Taking Lewis out will mean disqualification so ham the title. Unless of course lewis is causing the accident. In my humble opinion both ham and max were just as bad in the last race. 2 Hotheads not willing to bow. Difference is that max is max you know what you get and he is pretty honest about it protesting against the sanctions and even regulations, let me race place type of thing. Lewis is the experienced smooth talker influencing the press and presenting a certain image of himself that at least in the last race was detatched from reality. Almost the entire UK press follows him blindly. Some examples? Before the race he was vocal about the safety of the track or lack of only to protest the day after when schumacher hit the barrier. "it does not look damaged" said mr safety. Another example was driving Max wide when Max did thesame he got punished. The worst one was the brake test drama. Lewis knew exactly what was going on. He knew Max was trying to let him pass but understandably he did not want it in that spot as max would get DRS and immediately pass again.. Max wanted him to pass there and that is how it happened. The slick willy "he is brake testing me" was just total nonsense. From BOTH it as a drive not worthy of a champion ( at least in my opinion).  Lets hope this weekend is a clean and sportive drive from both presentiing the 2021 world champion. Whoever wins hats off!

And the team bosses? Please please shut up and stay out of their way.

If only Bernie was still there....

Oh come on. No way was Hamilton’s driving like Verstappen’s. You must have watched a different race to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We both saw thesame race but you see it different with neutral glasses on. For a non biased review see above video. In my idea both are trying every trick in the book, its like watching a championship kart race, also because regulations are not consistant and drivers taking the space they get( or not, by surprise). Yes Max is super agressive and pretty wild but Lewis is not much different. Difference was he could not risk damaging his car as no points is end of championship, for the rest he is a master in disguising his tactics, something Max still has to learn.

This weekend is like Muhammad Ali against Joe Frazier all over again, will be the most watched sporting event this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

The slick willy "he is brake testing me" was just total nonsense.

Well it obviously isn't nonsense because the stewards reviewed the data which proved it to be the case. Not sure Max tried to cause an accident, he probably wanted Lewis to brake heavily just as Max floored it to get away.

But when you are given a place back you are meant to do so safely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

We both saw thesame race but you see it different with neutral glasses on. For a non biased review see above video. In my idea both are trying every trick in the book, its like watching a championship kart race, also because regulations are not consistant and drivers taking the space they get( or not, by surprise). Yes Max is super agressive and pretty wild but Lewis is not much different. Difference was he could not risk damaging his car as no points is end of championship, for the rest he is a master in disguising his tactics, something Max still has to learn.

This weekend is like Muhammad Ali against Joe Frazier all over again, will be the most watched sporting event this year.

We’ll just have to disagree on this one.