Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is200 p1300 fault code

Rhys222

Hello I have problem with my Lexus fault code p1300 I have checked coils and swapped them about I have checked all spark plugs they are sparking I have changed the crank shaft sensor and the cam vvti sensor car was driving perfectly until stopped at traffic lights and just died out will turn over no problem runs for like a second and cuts out 

If any ignition coil has been struck or dropped accidentally, should be replaced.

Check that the electrode gap is 1.0 mm. If it is 1.4 mm, replace the spark plug.

P 1300 refers to the igniter circuit. Use a scanner to read more details and more codes pertaining to the problem, P0351 refers to No1 ignition coil etc.

As the ecu turns off the current to the primary coil of each igniter, a confirmation  signal is sent back to the ecu for each cylinder fired. If the signal fails to reach the ecu, then a dtc is set.

To identify and locate the fault you need an oscilloscope or a suitable scanner to monitor and display the ignition signal and the ignition confirmation signal on a common time base. You also need the circuit diagram to identify the points to measure and monitor the various parameters to locate the fault.

The engine ecu also needs information from the engine coolant temperature sensor, Mass air flow Sensor, throttle position sensor to fire the spark plugs. Check that the Mass Air Sensor is connected and functioning  otherwise the engine will not start.

Chris.

If you have a spark at the plugs have you got fuel reaching the cylinders?

Get some “Easystart” and spray it into the air box while someone cranks the engine ( be careful of back fires!)

If the engine then runs you have a fuel delivery problem.

I agree with Herbie. On second thoughts, look at the freeze frame data where you will find all the relevant generic data prior to the DTC code. From that data you should be able to deduce the fault.

Chris.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links