Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Betsy is home!

Mincey

Well that was a long three weeks. Thanks to Covid, there was no handover so I'm going to be taking the advice of the very wise@royoftherovers and will be spending this evening reading the manual. No gifts sadly, and only 45 miles worth of petrol in the tank (a bit mean!) but never mind. I had a rear bumper protector fitted while we waited  - I was expecting it to be £170 as on the Lexus site but they only charged me £145, which was nice. Had a pleasant drive back along the A47. The first three figure blast has been done. It's nice to get things like that out of the way. I was rather puzzled that the usual way of disarming the keyless entry didn't work. I was about to Google it until I realised that when I tried, I had the spare key in my pocket, so no matter how many times I tried to disarm the key I was holding, the door would obviously still open. I blame excitement. 

1030423364_2021-10-2013_00_55.thumb.jpg.f62c67f5e545bd71c0bff429d6fbc265.jpg 477842246_2021-10-2013_01_14.thumb.jpg.53f6ffd450ce635aae3804dd4772c424.jpg

• Like 13

Ah yes - almost forgot. There's no dashcam. I thought that as it was an ex-dealer car, it would have had one fitted, but no. I'm not sure I want to go all the way back to Leicester to let them fit one so I'll be looking locally for an auto sparky who can put one in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mincey said:

Well that was a long three weeks. Thanks to Covid, there was no handover so I'm going to be taking the advice of the very wise@royoftherovers and will be spending this evening reading the manual. No gifts sadly, and only 45 miles worth of petrol in the tank (a bit mean!) but never mind. I had a rear bumper protector fitted while we waited  - I was expecting it to be £170 as on the Lexus site but they only charged me £145, which was nice. Had a pleasant drive back along the A47. The first three figure blast has been done. It's nice to get things like that out of the way. I was rather puzzled that the usual way of disarming the keyless entry didn't work. I was about to Google it until I realised that when I tried, I had the spare key in my pocket, so no matter how many times I tried to disarm the key I was holding, the door would obviously still open. I blame excitement. 

1030423364_2021-10-2013_00_55.thumb.jpg.f62c67f5e545bd71c0bff429d6fbc265.jpg 477842246_2021-10-2013_01_14.thumb.jpg.53f6ffd450ce635aae3804dd4772c424.jpg

Many congratulations my favourite student!

• Like 1

Nice car! Don’t worry about only having 45 miles of fuel - that’s more than a week’s motoring for you as is a tankful for most of us. It’s all relative!!

Joking aside, a lovely car and I look forward to hearing how you het on with it 👍

• Like 1

45 miles of petrol in the tank, so thatś  about 5 litres?  Now THAT is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I know it seems to be the standard in the industry nowadays but it just shouldnt. It gives the wrong signal namely that the customer is not the most important here but profits are. Saving some quid and in the process damaging your image beyond repair. Dealers beware, what is your added value, why do people need you or want to buy from you? Next time a web based company delivers the car where and when you want in the way you want and at a lower price.

like... going out for dinner getting the daily menu and 1/5 glass of wine.  Going on an all inclusive holiday and finding out the ships diesel is not included. Booking a nice hotelroom and you have to pay extra for hot water, Taking the train and then pay extra to exit the station. Anyway you get the picture, a bit Ryan air.

Stunning car and i am sure you will enjoy it for years to come!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

45 miles of petrol in the tank, so thatś  about 5 litres?  Now THAT is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I know it seems to be the standard in the industry nowadays but it just shouldnt. It gives the wrong signal namely that the customer is not the most important here but profits are. Saving some quid and in the process damaging your image beyond repair. Dealers beware, what is your added value, why do people need you or want to buy from you? Next time a web based company delivers the car where and when you want in the way you want and at a lower price.

like... going out for dinner getting the daily menu and 1/5 glass of wine.  Going on an all inclusive holiday and finding out the ships diesel is not included. Booking a nice hotelroom and you have to pay extra for hot water, Taking the train and then pay extra to exit the station. Anyway you get the picture, a bit Ryan air.

Stunning car and i am sure you will enjoy it for years to come!

Bernard, the days of old fashioned concepts such as rewarding customer loyalty are as rare as hens teeth. Today, the numbers men work out everything to the last decimal point. For example, if it costs £50 to fill a car and typically you sell 30 a month that's 18k a year of profit you have given away. Now if your margin is say 10% on cars that's probably equivalent to circa the revenue from 5 cars or about 1 weeks worth of sales. That's an Accountants view of the world and I am sure most of us have a different perspective. The solution is to have an exhaustive list of your negotiating Must haves and then Nice to haves and go from there. 

49 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Bernard, the days of old fashioned concepts such as rewarding customer loyalty are as rare as hens teeth. Today, the numbers men work out everything to the last decimal point. For example, if it costs £50 to fill a car and typically you sell 30 a month that's 18k a year of profit you have given away. Now if your margin is say 10% on cars that's probably equivalent to circa the revenue from 5 cars or about 1 weeks worth of sales. That's an Accountants view of the world and I am sure most of us have a different perspective. The solution is to have an exhaustive list of your negotiating Must haves and then Nice to haves and go from there. 

And walk away when the situation demands it. Do Not breach your red lines. Compromise is not a requirement.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your kind words everyone, I spent an few minutes (about 30 to be precise) last night in the car with the manual on my lap working things out. The radio stations are all sorted, I've used Carista to change the number of indicator blinks from 3 to 6, got the phone all connected and loaded up the sat nav with a few destinations. Typically I haven't got the correct cable to use Android Auto but amazon will come to the rescue there no doubt. I wasn't able to change bar to PSI for the tyre pressure read out but I believe that might not be possible. I'll have to remember all about bars now.

48 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

And walk away when the situation demands it. Do Not breach your red lines. Compromise is not a requirement.

Spot on John, in a negotiation it doesn't matter if you win or lose, what matters is when I win or lose 😎

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

Thanks for all your kind words everyone, I spent an few minutes (about 30 to be precise) last night in the car with the manual on my lap working things out. The radio stations are all sorted, I've used Carista to change the number of indicator blinks from 3 to 6, got the phone all connected and loaded up the sat nav with a few destinations. Typically I haven't got the correct cable to use Android Auto but Amazon will come to the rescue there no doubt. I wasn't able to change bar to PSI for the tyre pressure read out but I believe that might not be possible. I'll have to remember all about bars now.

I tilted at that bar/PSI windmill for a while. Bugs me too.

• Like 1

V5 arrived this morning, but I had to wait until an hour ago before I could change the plates over. My granddaughter was here overnight and it is verboten for me to do anything of a remotely personal nature while she is here. Anyway, earlier I gave Swinton a tinkle to update my insurance documents. The cheeky little tinkers wanted to charge me £35 to make the change. "Is this ok?", they asked? "No", I replied. "No it is not!" I had tried twice to change the reg online and their web****e could not find my car. They conceded that this was a problem at their end and waived the fee. And quite rightly so too if you ask me (which you didn't). 

I've got Android Auto working. Yay! Does it work wirelessly in the a '20 car? I can't get it to work other than via a cable so I'm guessing it's only the very latest cars which can do it wirelessly. Never mind - it's pretty darned good over a wire and I can live with that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

I've got Android Auto working. Yay! Does it work wirelessly in the a '20 car? I can't get it to work other than via a cable so I'm guessing it's only the very latest cars which can do it wirelessly. Never mind - it's pretty darned good over a wire and I can live with that.

Wired only

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links