Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just noticed on the UK Lexus website that the configurator shows UX wheel arches in the selected body colour whereas photos in the overview section of the website still shows wheel arches in black.

Does anyone know roughly how long delivery times are now for a factory order UX here in the UK? Are dealers actually able to quote reliable delivery times with the current problems of chip shortages and supply chain issues?

On 10/21/2021 at 8:52 AM, Roger Bill said:

Just noticed on the UK Lexus website that the configurator shows UX wheel arches in the selected body colour whereas photos in the overview section of the website still shows wheel arches in black.

Does anyone know roughly how long delivery times are now for a factory order UX here in the UK? Are dealers actually able to quote reliable delivery times with the current problems of chip shortages and supply chain issues?

For an RX I was told a factory order would be delivered March/April 2022 if ordered now (Oct 2021). I’d assume other models are the same, unless there’s a cancelled order already on a ship…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

For an RX I was told a factory order would be delivered March/April 2022 if ordered now (Oct 2021). I’d assume other models are the same, unless there’s a cancelled order already on a ship…

Thanks @First_Lexus I guess five or six months is typically what we should expect in the current circumstances. Unless, of course, you get lucky and find something suitable in stock, but stock levels are much lower than normal and used car prices have shot up. 

Just had a chat with a guy at Lexus. Body colour wheel arches are only on F Sport and Takumi. He suggested February delivery could be possible but as usual I think that's subject to the particular spec you want and build slot availability.

But unless my circumstances change I've now decided to wait until January before making a decision. I was set on a UX250H Takumi but I've just discovered the new Premium Plus NX350H appears to have all the features I want and it's within 10% of the UX250H Takumi price. I'm tempted to push the budget even further for the NX but I'm not sure my partner will agree because she prefers driving smaller cars. We need to test drive both. Demo NX cars should be readily available in January but a left hand drive prototype is already being taken around the country should anyone want to check it out sooner.

Oh hells! Body-coloured arches?! I deliberately chose the darker-coloured car I have and the other one I ordered because those plastic arches look terrible on brighter-coloured cars. I would seriously consider having my arches resprayed to match, but if Lexus will now do so from the factory I may need to call my dealer and ask them to modify or even delay my order if that's what it takes...

The configurator seems to be broken right now, so I'll have to check later.

Nick

Just called my dealer - apparently my August order, which still hasn't reached the production line, will now arrive in 2022 spec with the coloured wheel arches. I've asked them to check what other changes I should expect, any other surprises...

Last thing I want is to find they changed something I really liked!

Nick

I ordered a UX250h F Sport in white with premium pack, I have been told it will have color coordinated wheel arches. The order was placed 1st September and it was meant to arrive mid December, this has potentially slipped into early to mid January. The app is stating the car is currently being built so hopefully it may arrive in December but I would imaging that will be cutting things a bit tight. Good news is the dealership is honoring PX and pricing agreements. 

• 2 months later...

I ordered my F-Sport Takumi in Terrain Khaki in August, according to the Lexus app it's currently in Derby where final checks and paperwork are performed, so expecting a call from my dealer any week. I've been told it will have the body-coloured arches, I can't wait. Will share photos as and when!

Nick

• Like 1

Yes I was pleased to see the change to body coloured wheel arch liners but here's a strange thing, one of the things I did not like about the UX when I first started looking at it was the wheel arch liners but looked at my Niro and lo and behold they are the same. Strange how you see something every day but don't see it. Maybe it is just the style that makes them stand out compared to my Niro.

Bill D.

Between 3-6 months dependent on specification and whether its in stock or not.

Son and daughter in law have just ordered a VW Golf for her about 1 month ago - very high spec and they're saying July/August for that one so Lexus lead times arent too bad

On a side note - not sure about those arches being painted. Looks a bit off

16 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Hi James, (Hamish 2015) what's the latest on your UX, I recently ordered a UX Takumi, quoted May/June delivery, seems a lifetime away.

Bill D.

Hi Bill, Picked it up yesterday, very pleased with it, well worth the wait!

image.jpeg

• Like 3

That looks fantastic! I hate the black-plastic cladding that cars are picking up these days. It's one of the reasons I bought my last UX in grey - it minimises the effect (photo attached).

To a certain type of buyer it makes the vehicles look more 'rugged', but I think it makes them look cheap. Those of you old enough to remember when black plastic bumpers were the default and body-coloured bumpers an expensive upgrade will know what I mean...

Fashion is cyclical, as they say!

Nick

IMG_3845.jpeg

• Like 1