Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS Mk4 is 'the top used car to own'.

According to this week's Auto Express, apparently it achieved a higher percentage from users than any other car that was reviewed (although I'm not sure how this percentage is worked out). Other Lexus cars are also mentioned. As I only bought  my Mk4 3 months ago I'm feeling pretty smug, its certainly the smoothest car I've ever driven.

Screenshot_20211021-131407-01.jpeg

• Like 7

I am a big fan of the GS series and I was surprised to read this.

It's a fantastic car, but I always assume it is a very niche car to own. I'd rather people didn't know, to keep the values low - although good news for the Lexus brand overall.

• Like 2

Its a fantastic motor and a good read. 

I have considered grabbing a normal GS as a runner, this cements that 

Tad bad that they are using the GSF in the top image when talking about the standard GS 4th gen though. Not hating just not even close to the same car. 

Odd how you never see them about & about, don't think I've ever see a 250 out only the Hybrid cars & then mostly the 300h prob due to the low tax pre 2017.

I was behind a Sonic silver 450h F Sport once.

Guy at work says its a grandad car & that image of the guy next to the GSF doesn't help my case 😆

23 hours ago, Initial P said:

Pic of the guy next to the GSF doesn't help my case 😆

Just show them the video of Clarkson or Chris Harris raving about the GSF - Two hard to please journalist who bloody love it. 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, Initial P said:

Odd how you never see them about & about, don't think I've ever see a 250 out only the Hybrid cars & then mostly the 300h prob due to the low tax pre 2017.

I was behind a Sonic silver 450h F Sport once.

Guy at work says its a grandad car & that image of the guy next to the GSF doesn't help my case 😆

That GS-f v M5 comparison was one of the few road tests that was actually done in an impartial manner. You could sense how motoring press instinct was trying to dismiss the GSF. However he managed to rise above this and praised the GSF as the better buy for the majority of situations.

Reading other threads gives an impression that dampers are a weak spot on GS? I hope not as they aren't covered by Relax and I imagine the adaptive units fitted to my GSF cost a fair packet.

I have a 2014 gs300h premier and used to change cars every four or five years. However, whenever I think about buying another I can’t think of anything else that I would change it for! I’ve had many cars during my 42 years of car ownership and have not had a better car. The only thing I can of as a negative is that it is not useful as a taking stuff to the tip car unlike my old Volvo estate. Unlike our Honda jazz. The second best car I’ve owned! 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

I have a 2014 gs300h premier and used to change cars every four or five years. However, whenever I think about buying another I can’t think of anything else that I would change it for! I’ve had many cars during my 42 years of car ownership and have not had a better car. The only thing I can of as a negative is that it is not useful as a taking stuff to the tip car unlike my old Volvo estate. Unlike our Honda jazz. The second best car I’ve owned! 

When I got my GSF in Jan 2021, I bought myself a cheap (1300 quid) 2007 Honda Civic, 1.8 petrol for tip runs etc. Great car for that purpose and amazingly economical for a 1.8 petrol (it goes a long way to paying for itself vs the GSF consumption). It’s very zippy and well equipped too (ex model) with parts plentiful and cheap.

On 10/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, Initial P said:

My first reaction to that was to think “that’s absurd - I’ve got a one!”

Then came the grim realisation that I am a grandad and not a particularly young one either! 

• Haha 2

I always laughed at the 'Grandad Car' and similar labels. Someone who says that is all about the perceived image by the herd, and likely knows nothing more about the car than that label and is therefore not worth listening to much IMO.

Most of my cars have been 'grandad' cars. Why give a fig what other people think!

• Like 4

On 10/30/2021 at 9:40 AM, Mike_Mac said:

I always laughed at the 'Grandad Car' and similar labels. Someone who says that is all about the perceived image by the herd, and likely knows nothing more about the car than that label and is therefore not worth listening to much IMO.

Most of my cars have been 'grandad' cars. Why give a fig what other people think!

Me to…it’s laughable. I also have motorcycles, two of which can do 0 - 60 in under 3 seconds and 10s @ 137 mph standing 1/4 mile yet  both are considered ‘grandad’ bikes…..world’s  gone mad!

• Like 1