Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aviva this time

paulrnx

Had a renewal quote from Direct Line for £388 which was £30 cheaper than last year. Got it for £270 at Aviva. Always worth shopping around every year. This year we tried the MSE recommended 21 days before renewal search. We’ve saved £180 over two cars which was a 31% saving. Well pleased 😀

• Thanks 1

It'll be interesting to see how the forthcoming changes affect renewals. One thing's for sure, I'm going to be very interested to see what Swinton want me to stump up for renewal on my ES. Given the extra I'm paying now until May, I've calculated that they want £566 pa for the ES where I was paying £326 pa for the IS. Given that I was getting quotes from the comparison sites starting at £270 pa, I think they're taking the proverbial.

• Like 1

I remember many years ago when Aviva was Norwich Union and their strap line was “ Quote me Happy”.

I rang them for a quote and it was horrendous, they even tried to reduce the premium by trying to add my mrs on the policy despite her never having had a driving licence!

My last 3 words to them before putting the phone down were “Quote me wappy”

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I remember many years ago when Aviva was Norwich Union and their strap line was “ Quote me Happy”.

I rang them for a quote and it was horrendous, they even tried to reduce the premium by trying to add my mrs on the policy despite her never having had a driving licence!

Oddly enough Steve QmH gave me by far and away the best quote 🤔

15 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I've had this a couple of times with the Lexus Insurance thing which covers you for three days after picking a car up. The most recent time wasn't as much fun as the first though. I had some young lad in India excitedly going through the quote with me, and when it came to the policy figure, he kept building it up "Are you ready for this? This is going to make your day, I'm going to make you really happy now, I'm going to quote you happy with...." then told me a figure over double of what I'd already sorted out with my current insurer. Thanks, but no thanks. When I did the cover for the ES, at least it was a case of calling them from the dealer to confirm everything, then get the massively huge annual premium, but (so far) there has been no follow up call. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having fallen out with LV= when they increased my excess from £350 to £750 when I changed from an NX to my current RX at the start of the year, I shopped around and ended up with Directlne when the annual renewal came up for our cars a couple of months ago. Ok I only saved about £40 on the quote but...........  if you do it through Top Cashback and then go on to Directline from there, I got £50 cashback plus another £50 for my wife's car. So , £140 better off. Did this when arranging the LV= policy and with Aviva the year before that. It's a bit of a faff but shopping around, getting a better policy than those available through the comparison sites with a better premium and cashback to boot is a no brainer for me. Dead chuffed !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links