Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ultra Sonic Blue - 3 x ISF on AT

On 10/22/2021 at 8:57 PM, ISF V8 JAY said:

What a rare sight!!! Prices are about right especially down to the rarity and low miles. They are one to store like the GSF

Drive them, don't store them. They are made  to be used, I would rather have a regularly driven example than something that has been locked up in a garage for years on end. In a few years from now the ISF will be a sort after car and they aren't exactly a common sight even now. 

• Like 1

@Charliecloud I agree with you on that, drive them don't store them. Things break/fail when they aren't used too. Plenty of ISF's State side with over 120k miles still driving like new. RR Racing shared one that still made 500hp at the crank, N/A full bolt on, with 160k miles on the clock

Well if you store them properly stuff won’t break or fail.  Bit of a waste though.

As for driving cars that’s great, and I do.  I’ve had also a few expensive episodes racking up lots of miles in sporty cars, thinking I would keep them forever and then wanting to/having to sell them and being unable to sell them for a reasonable price.  “High mileage” is a problem in buyers eyes, and does affect values.

As a buyer I get this excess mileage phobia completely.  Bizarrely, though, low mileage cars that are used regularly  but undertake  many low mileage trips get more engine wear as most engine wear happens when the car is cold.

Trouble with cars is you just never know if you’ll need to sell your pride and joy one day.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Killysprint said:

My old car - now in Ireland

Only 3 owners but several hundred drivers, it certainly got some rag as a demo car when new, they had to clean the wheels after every test drive because of the brake dust.

23 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

Well if you store them properly stuff won’t break or fail.  Bit of a waste though.

As for driving cars that’s great, and I do.  I’ve had also a few expensive episodes racking up lots of miles in sporty cars, thinking I would keep them forever and then wanting to/having to sell them and being unable to sell them for a reasonable price.  “High mileage” is a problem in buyers eyes, and does affect values.

As a buyer I get this excess mileage phobia completely.  Bizarrely, though, low mileage cars that are used regularly  but undertake  many low mileage trips get more engine wear as most engine wear happens when the car is cold.

Trouble with cars is you just never know if you’ll need to sell your pride and joy one day.  

I’ve always been told there’s no point keeping the millage down for the next owner 😂…….I do 2-4.5k a year in mine, relatively low BUT it’ll go to Hampshire, Norfolk, Lake District or Spain, not many short journeys as I can’t bring myself to park in a car park with the “rental brigade” that have no respect as they don’t own……my daily I’ll park anywhere BUT I’m still always considerate to the car next to me.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 9:29 PM, steve2006 said:

Only 3 owners but several hundred drivers, it certainly got some rag as a demo car when new, they had to clean the wheels after every test drive because of the brake dust.

They obviously lacked the ability to rag it that hard as it never put a foot wrong in 30000 miles.