Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Local Dealership disappointment today.

floggit

So i bought my Ct new from my local dealer 5 years ago. Im familiar with their setup ,or so i thought. Been with vw last couple of years but have posted in the UX section this is what im researching to buy. The dealership is across town and i dont pass it often. 

As i was passing today i thought id pop in and get a proper look at a UX. Drove in, Parked in a allocated bay and entered the showroom. It was bare, no cars, no sales desks. Just a manned reception counter . So said ‘ hello’ and asked if i could look at a UX please?. The reply was not favourable, “ im sorry sir we dont sell lexus here anymore, we only do service / parts” apparently i can either drive to another city to their branch that still sells or they can arrange to have one delivered for me to look at, which seems a massive faff for a first view. The whole buying a Lexus experience from the dealership this time will not be as enjoyable. I have concerns wether as theyve moved sales if the service dept is still Lexus trained or even approved.

All very odd. I guess you guys up country maybe used to travelling to a dealership but when you have one in your city that doesent have sales its like the branch is preparing to close. 

As i left I realised all the cars outside were other brands. They use the site to sell trade ins….. its devalued the whole experience.

30 minutes ago, floggit said:

All very odd. I guess you guys up country maybe used to travelling to a dealership but when you have one in your city that doesent have sales its like the branch is preparing to close [...] its devalued the whole experience.

I'm not sure why you're so upset or surprised by it.

Shops of all kinds, from florists to bakers, from car dealerships to locksmiths are closing up and down the country in this strange and worrying economic climate we find ourselves in. They've obviously decided to close the dealership for economic reasons; it's not like they've done it to specifically upset you personally.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Shops of all kinds, from florists to bakers, from car dealerships to locksmiths are closing up and down the country in this strange and worrying economic climate we find ourselves in. They've obviously decided to close the dealership for economic reasons; it's not like they've done it to specifically upset you personally.

Couldn't agree more Herbs, and just goes to show the money is in maintenence not "hardware" sales this is true for lots of things other than cars. 

44 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Couldn't agree more Herbs, and just goes to show the money is in maintenence not "hardware" sales this is true for lots of things other than cars. 

Well thats the chicken and the egg! How many owners service their lexus at dealers after 3yrs? Prob not as many as lexus would like!

To maintain a steady flow of vehicles to sustain a service dept…. You need to sell!!!

41 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I obviously know they have not done it to annoy me personally. Im not upset, i never said upset. Surprised i will concede, before visiting i checked the webpage. No mention of sales not being offered. And like i said ive bought there before.

Anyway, Its now harder to buy a lexus locally. 

It should be very clear on the Lexus website that a particular centre is a service & parts only centre. There are a few of them, typically another location is owned by the same company which has the full facilities - unfortunately there aren't enough sales in some parts of the country to justify the expense of maintaining a showroom.

2 hours ago, floggit said:

Anyway, Its now harder to buy a lexus locally. 

It's gone the other way for us.

Up to about 18 months ago my nearest one was about 25 miles away but we now have one in our own town. However, it doesn't really matter because if the right car comes along at the right price, I'd travel as far as was necessary to get it anyway. Although we live in Preston our last two have come from Lexus Teeside because that's just where they happened to be for sale.

• Like 2

But do they still do the complimentary coffee, cans of pop and almond biscuits, If Lexus Derby Close their showroom and this facility is also withdrawn when I need an oil filter and washer that will be the end of a beautiful relationship.😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, floggit said:

Well thats the chicken and the egg! How many owners service their lexus at dealers after 3yrs? Prob not as many as lexus would like!

To maintain a steady flow of vehicles to sustain a service dept…. You need to sell!!!

You make my point entirely Steve 👍there are thousands of cars that need servicing = lots of high margin revenue if you can capture them hence Relax. Showrooms = high fixed costs and low margin. Which would you prefer? The model has already been set, go to a shop or showroom at no cost to you then buy at least cost on line isn't that what we all do at some time? 

12 hours ago, floggit said:

^^ Since the Lexus ‘Relax’ ten-year warranty was introduced, I’d wager most owners stay with Lexus for servicing for longer than they might have previously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

But do they still do the complimentary coffee, cans of pop and almond biscuits, If Lexus Derby Close their showroom and this facility is also withdrawn when I need an oil filter and washer that will be the end of a beautiful relationship.😀

Im only guessing but id say its gone, no seating so youd be standing anyway for your service lol.

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

You make my point entirely Steve 👍there are thousands of cars that need servicing = lots of high margin revenue if you can capture them hence Relax. Showrooms = high fixed costs and low margin. Which would you prefer? The model has already been set, go to a shop or showroom at no cost to you then buy at least cost on line isn't that what we all do at some time? 

i have no idea about ‘relax’ it wasnt around when i had my last lex.

Its just going to take longer for me to travel to view the car now. Im certainly not spending £30k++ without veiwing.

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Hopefully Toyota across the car park can accommodate us 😎

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links