Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seized rear calliper on bottom pin rusted on

They may not look pretty but if they are still within thickness spec and show no signs of defects ie hairline cracks or grooves then they should be serviceable.

Hi Texas is correct ,but usually the discs look worse on the reverse side once you have removed them ; if you are doing the job yourself (no labour charge ) I would change them, new pads and discs will bed in together more quickly and with better results in my experience

Dave

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, true blue said:

Hi Texas is correct ,but usually the discs look worse on the reverse side once you have removed them ; if you are doing the job yourself (no labour charge ) I would change them, new pads and discs will bed in together more quickly and with better results in my experience

Dave

All done all Lexus oem 

@Texas please can you help me I’ve installed my new discs and pads but I’m worried as I’ve put the pads in and the wear indicators are in different places ?? Does this matter as I’m really worried now . Please see picture 

or it’s all fine 

this is on the front 

the drivers side is on the back 

5FB437A5-24F4-4458-89E2-60BD8ABC3FEB.jpeg

By ‘wear indicators’ do you mean the small spring type clips that are fitted to the pads themselves? If so then these are designed to  come into contact with the disc as the pad material wears down near a minimum thickness and then make a god awful screeching noise that will shame you into sorting it, as far as I can recall then as the ‘screech pin’ is fitted to the same place on all pads it is not important as to its final position, (top or bottom)ie you don’t have a right & left pad. ( but obviously don’t fit both pads with pins to the same wheel🙄)

• Like 1

Yes it’s fitted to the pad: I always thought it was ment to go on on the inside of where the piston is as that gets used the most/ I was going to Swap them round but if it doesn’t matter I will leave it

Now you have fully functioning callipers ( no sticking pins) the pads should wear evenly and even when these screech pins come into play there is still 000’s of miles of friction material left. So all good I reckon.👍